Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Accessory chair.

    The time has come for me to ditch my seat box, I'm thinking I need to bite the bullet and buy myself an accessory chair. My box is far too heavy for my wife to manage, I give her what help I can, truthfully it's not much. She has coped up to now but it's not easy for her.
    I have a hankering to buy a Matrix accessory chair, for the simple reason it's impossible for me to fish without rests for my rods or pole. The main reason, my wife's health.
    Does anyone have a Matrix chair, are there better accessory chairs than Matrix. I know there are other makes.
    At the moment I have a JRC chair, the seat is a little too low with the legs at full extension for me, plus I can't fix any rests to it.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Chris -Sam Vimes - had a chair made by Browning when we fished for tench last summer. It looked neat and comfortable and far less of a monstrosity than some of the chairs I've seen which made me think the owner had dragged a car seat to the bank. If he reads this thread, he might put up the details.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In God's County: Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,917
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    I have the Koram versions and have never had any problems. They take a vast array of rests and side trays or bowls and are well worth the money.

    Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

    Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

    Patrick F. McManus






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    The JRC chair I have is not firm enough in the seat, that coupled with legs that are a little too short makes it a bit of a pain for me to stand up. I perhaps need a shop that has them in stock for me to try.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    leafy cheshire
    Posts
    12,805

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    The Korum chair isn't light but it has a barrow kit as one of many accessories. This enables it to be pushed like a wheel barrow. Whether your wife would find this easier than carrying your box is a matter for her to decide. It would need to be a lot easier to make the change worthwhile. The chair weights over 6 kilos without accessories. I find mine very comfortable and all 4 legs are adjustable for height. Have a look at the vids on the Korum website to get the idea of the chair and the barrow kit.

    There may well be other alternatives I am unaware of. It is a great piece of kit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Isle of Onamower
    Posts
    428

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Have you considered finding a comfortable chair and taking it to someone 'handy' to produce the attachment bosses that you would like, to accept standard accessories such as rests, trays etc. Gaz?

    It's a bit of a long way around things but I went down a similar route some years ago and finally settled on a no longer available Nash Peg 1, it seemed the best of a bad bunch but after some work was quite good and remained portable without the attachments suffering the dreaded sag on things like loaded side trays.

    I gave it to Graham (Crow) in the end as I still couldn't get on with it but there was nothing else, including the Korum, back at the time which ticked my boxes.

    There's a company in Heanor which makes bespoke rod pods, banksticks etc. and which I would have thought would be able to make the suitable modifications but I can't for the life of me remember the name, i'll have a trawl around and pm you if I find it.

    Good luck with your quest, I could never crack it with an 'off the peg' accessory chair, they all fell short in one way or another.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dronfield Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,849

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Gary I know what you are like, I will say no more

    Forget the Korum chair it too heavy for you’re with to lift in and out of the car it would be like your box for her

    I have the Trakker levelite longback chair it 4.5kg in weight, I have fitted 2 Korum any chair adaptor to the chair one for a bait water the other for a brolly arm

    If you want I can bring a Korum and Trakker chair and meet up with you so you can see and try them out

    Or have a run over to Dronfield Angling direct have a lot of chairs on display you can test out

    http://
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire.
    Posts
    10,984

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    I have had three different Korum chairs over the years. As far as I was concerned, quality was reducing over time and weight was increasing. In many respects, I like a seatbox. However, I don't like the weight of them and, unless pole fishing, I find a backrest is desirable. Some accessory chairs are pretty good in many respects, but I find a many a little low or a bit too bulky for easy transportation.

    As NottsKev suggests, I ended up with a Browning King Feeder Chair (possibly now discontinued). It is quite similar to the Nufish Restabox but came with a feeder arm, side tray (stores under the seat), footplate and bag to put it all in for a similar price (on offer). The footplate and bag barely leave the house, but they are nice to have. It's high enough and comfortable enough to not aggravate my back, but it's not something you are likely to nod off on. Despite the name, I use it for all my stillwater float fishing. An added bonus with it is that it'll sit in water quite happily if the situation demands it.
    Last edited by sam vimes; 14-02-2020 at 21:04.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,221
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Senses do one similar to the Browning and Nu Fish ones if I recall, Also Maver did one that packed away into it's own bag and came complete with a side tray.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South Yorkshire.
    Posts
    2,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Accessory chair.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    The Korum chair isn't light but it has a barrow kit as one of many accessories. This enables it to be pushed like a wheel barrow. Whether your wife would find this easier than carrying your box is a matter for her to decide. It would need to be a lot easier to make the change worthwhile. The chair weights over 6 kilos without accessories. I find mine very comfortable and all 4 legs are adjustable for height. Have a look at the vids on the Korum website to get the idea of the chair and the barrow kit.

    There may well be other alternatives I am unaware of. It is a great piece of kit.
    Mike transporting my box is not the problem, the weight is causing me concern. We are all getting older, the problem is for my wife to load the box into the boot. My box incorporates a set of wheels, it's easy to wheel.
    Thanks for your help though.





    Quote Originally Posted by Aknib View Post
    Have you considered finding a comfortable chair and taking it to someone 'handy' to produce the attachment bosses that you would like, to accept standard accessories such as rests, trays etc. Gaz?

    It's a bit of a long way around things but I went down a similar route some years ago and finally settled on a no longer available Nash Peg 1, it seemed the best of a bad bunch but after some work was quite good and remained portable without the attachments suffering the dreaded sag on things like loaded side trays.

    I gave it to Graham (Crow) in the end as I still couldn't get on with it but there was nothing else, including the Korum, back at the time which ticked my boxes.

    There's a company in Heanor which makes bespoke rod pods, banksticks etc. and which I would have thought would be able to make the suitable modifications but I can't for the life of me remember the name, i'll have a trawl around and pm you if I find it.

    Good luck with your quest, I could never crack it with an 'off the peg' accessory chair, they all fell short in one way or another.
    Steve, my friend who was very handy. Well, I've just lost him to kidney cancer. He would have been the perfect man for the job.
    I have thought about the Korum any chair accessories that was mentioned by chrissh. A very good idea though Steve, I am on a similar page to you. Thanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by chrissh View Post
    Gary I know what you are like, I will say no more

    Forget the Korum chair it too heavy for you’re with to lift in and out of the car it would be like your box for her

    I have the Trakker levelite longback chair it 4.5kg in weight, I have fitted 2 Korum any chair adaptor to the chair one for a bait water the other for a brolly arm

    If you want I can bring a Korum and Trakker chair and meet up with you so you can see and try them out

    Or have a run over to Dronfield Angling direct have a lot of chairs on display you can test

    http://
    Thanks Chris. The weight of the Korum chair echos what Mike said, the weight needs to be lighter for my wife to cope.
    I will definitely go over to the old Climax shop before I make my choice.

    Thanks chaps the information you gave is what I required. I felt sure I would get a good guide to what I needed to make my choice.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by rayner; 15-02-2020 at 11:13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •