Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fishing?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Best of luck to you both.
    I echo these words too,very,very hard time for your wife and you mate...

Blog Entries

Thanks for your kind words chaps.
    She's coping very well with the news we got, verging on stoic.
    Chrish, I've been trying to reply to your message. For some reason my messages are stuck, I will reply back to you when it settles. It's happened before so it may be straight sometime today.

Blog Entries

Gary, I was sorry to read of your wife's problems and wish you both all the best.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Gary. I was in a similar situation last year. Big operation with lots of small complications, but I'm ok now. Its amazing what they can and do with cancer my friend. I wish her all the best, as I know the fear and worry she has right now.

Pleased to see others in the same boat with no fishing like myself. For many of us it a drug, I will visit the lake with bread next week as I posted about. Oddly the canal is like milk, wonder what has caused that>

The rivers are right out of sorts in my area, Kent. So I have ventured out on a club lake near Edenbridge. It’s a bit gusty and not too warm. Sparsely feeding hemp and micro pellets with a small piece of lo-salt impregnated spam, not a touch yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    No I have other stuff to do, if I actually make it out of my hibernation coma. I'm doing and spending so little that I'm actually saving some money on my bare baseline income. Quite handy when I have a few fishing tickets to pay for. Also a good indicator as to what might be required for full retirement.
    You went for semi retirement then mate? Excellent choice, lifes too short to not grab every moment, the older you get the less money you need, trust me. I worked for too long, I have the time now but not the health and energy.
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by rayner View Post
    I'm still on my self imposed halt to fishing, didn't expect to get on the bank until March.
    I have no clue if I will get back fishing. My wife's test results are not good, waiting for a date to remove kidney . Got a tumour in her other kidney that can be treated.
    A stressful time.
    Thought with you mate, getting older is a bitch.

Since 2013 it's been endless, my wife got Ill, then pulled through. Back end of 2018 I did then got better. Its life unfortunately stay strong, i had the dreaded c word on my bladder but beat it, if I can you wife can mate

Thoughts with you
    Last edited by daniel121; 21-02-2020 at 12:09. Reason: Spelling
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams!

I've replied twice and just realised both are off topic,

No I've not been on the bank since new year, I brought some bait to fish the river but kira stopped that. I fished a commie a few times round xmas but then got this dreaded bug that took ages to go, it just keeps coming back.

I'll get on the bank soon I'm ready

Quote Originally Posted by daniel121 View Post
    You went for semi retirement then mate? Excellent choice, lifes too short to not grab every moment, the older you get the less money you need, trust me. I worked for too long, I have the time now but not the health and energy.
    Self employed in a pretty seasonal business. I don't actively chase work. On average, I work hard for about three months of the year. The hope is that once I hit 55, I'll not even have to pretend any longer. I watched a few too many friends die before fifty and some die within a year or two of getting a state pension.
    Last edited by sam vimes; 21-02-2020 at 18:26.

Blog Entries

Just buried a friend before his state pension last week...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast