This site must be getting slow off the mark these days

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So the majority vote was to remove the closed season and yet they've kept it.....:rolleyes:.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now, now. It wasn't a referendum :)

It was a sort of one wasn't it lol.

I do know i'm paying for a rod lisence to fish the river during a period when for the biggest part it's unfishable. Similar to paying for the bbc and not watching it!

The bad one

Reaction score
Oh dear must be my age, misread the date when I clicked on it from another site. It's the 20th of Feb.....I think today?.....Is it? And therefore though it had been released today. I'll go away and wobble my head in the corner of room for a week or so!

nottskev

Reaction score
It was a sort of one wasn't it lol.

I do know i'm paying for a rod lisence to fish the river during a period when for the biggest part it's unfishable. Similar to paying for the bbc and not watching it!

It may be unfishable, but you can still fish it (or in a nearby field) if you want your money's worth.
I met someone who told me, re Council Tax "Why should I pay for streetlights? I don't go out at night" :)

Btw, I'd have gone for losing or changing the close season, and it's true we lose a lot of the season in these increasingly wet years. And lost some in the summer drought, a couple of years ago - club closed stretches.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It may be unfishable, but you can still fish it (or in a nearby field) if you want your money's worth.
I met someone who told me, re Council Tax "Why should I pay for streetlights? I don't go out at night" :)

Btw, I'd have gone for losing or changing the close season, and it's true we lose a lot of the season in these increasingly wet years. And lost some in the summer drought, a couple of years ago - club closed stretches.

Yup, either too much or not enough water...can't win!