Desparate to get out for a session but they've issued ANOTHER flood warning in my are

Gaston664

Reaction score
I can only go at the weekends at the minute due to work.

The weather all this week has been not too bad, all the flood plains and flooded rivers seem to be receding.

Now they've said flood warning for this weekend.

I thought Sunday was going to be my day!

Fingers crossed it doesn't end up bad.

I really wanted to get on my local river but not sure what the situation will be with the local fish population after all the flooding as has been raised in recent posts.

I guess I could try out the local ponds.

Anyone planning to go this weekend despite the weather?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rich66

Reaction score
Well I put off going today because of supposed snow etc, instead I’ve beautiful sunshine ! Ok it’s windy and cold but I looked at the weather and thought too many temperature fluctuations might put the fish off feeding.
Anyhow Sunday is my next day off and the forecast is dry but windy so I may venture out for a few hours to the lakes but I’ve about given up this season on fishing my local river, I’ll just wait for those lazy summer days when I can flick a few maggots at a trotting float and catch a few roach.

The problem I’m finding is finding the fish on the lakes, I can usually grab a couple of carp on the feeder but I’d really prefer at the minute to catch a few silvers on the float. That’s fishing for you !

Gaston664

Reaction score
Well I put off going today because of supposed snow etc, instead I’ve beautiful sunshine ! Ok it’s windy and cold but I looked at the weather and thought too many temperature fluctuations might put the fish off feeding.
Anyhow Sunday is my next day off and the forecast is dry but windy so I may venture out for a few hours to the lakes but I’ve about given up this season on fishing my local river, I’ll just wait for those lazy summer days when I can flick a few maggots at a trotting float and catch a few roach.

The problem I’m finding is finding the fish on the lakes, I can usually grab a couple of carp on the feeder but I’d really prefer at the minute to catch a few silvers on the float. That’s fishing for you !
Maybe I should do the same and forget about rivers until later in the year!?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What weather....we had snow this morning,gone by lunchtime,ive got nearly a gallon of reds this morning,so hopefully my fishy friends are more conducive tomorrow than they were yesterday.....

Reaction score
Hope so Peter,keeps all the summer anglers at home!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I nipped out for a couple of hours this afternoon; I wanted to fish the Stour but it's coming up fast AGAIN so opted for a local stillwater. Quite a pleasant couple of hours in the sunshine despite a cold breeze - it was about 8 degrees. I ended up with 35 fish with two roach a pound apiece and three more of around 12oz.

Aknib

Reaction score
I feel your pain and I'm not in a dissimilar situation at the moment.

Don't overlook those rivers though (where safe!) as the fish will oblige if you fish the slacks, I think it makes fish location much easier in many respects.

I held on until after the rain cleared earlier this week and then snuck into a nice little slack for the afternoon whilst I had a small window of opportunity to get out, this was on a river that was three times its normal level and rising but I was rewarded with seven chunky Chub to just over 5lb on nothing more sophisticated than a smelly lump of cheese that gave off a good pong in the heavy, brown coloured water and which helped the fish find the bait...

I even managed to miss a couple too!

I really like this type of fishing, picking up fish from what would usually be bone dry land.