Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where can I buy.......

These micro quick change float connectors?

Never use to have a problem buying them on EBay but I’m struggling to find anything but huge sizes, the micro ones are 20mm long.

Default Re: Where can I buy.......

Bank Tackle on eBay or Drennan do them but those pictured are not float connectors.

Amazon sell these in 3 sizes OKVGO 60pcs Fishing Tackle Running Ledger Slider Beads Snap Links Swivels 3 Size with Box
    Last edited by mikench; 27-02-2020 at 15:04.

Blog Entries

I often use these when I’m legering for Barbel and Chub on my small rivers and streams using ½oz or smaller weights (see pic)

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 27-02-2020 at 15:52.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I use them but find the placcy bits come away from the swivel so often pull those placcy bits off first.
    I prefer em without the obtrusive placy bits anyhow.

Blog Entries

Look on the accessory section on Benwick sports,they do several different sorts,you might prefer another type...

Thanks for all the advice, I’m really fussy when it comes to these clips, found some made by Matrix in a size 16 which should be micro size but without the plastic caps, as said they eventually fall off anyway.

I used to use the smaller size snap link swivels as float adaptors after giving up on standard silicone adaptors. However, I eventually gave up on them for a couple of reasons. The prime reason was that most of the floats that were available were loaded. Many were loaded to such a degree that the weight of these snap links left you very little room for shotting variations. The second issue was that I found that they seemed to cause undue tangles.

I tried the Drennan Flexible Float Links for a while. They work well enough, but the sleeves are too delicate and tend to split. If you don't notice in time, that'll usually result in a float disappearing. The next move was to Drennan Swivel Float Attachments and others similar. The Drennan are more robust than some other brands I've tried. As they are available in lots of places, these are the ones I tend to stick to. However, I can concede that the majority of my wagglers (that I'd use an adaptor with) being Harrell and Drennan might help. They tend to fit either very well.

Quite a few snap swivels of various types available at Bobco. The smallest I can find are 16s branded by Matrix.

I've just been looking on ebay and theres an Irish seller with mustads in all sizes down to 20's.

Mustad Barrel Swivel with Safety Snap Black All Sizes Predator Pike Fishing | eBay

Just got some 18's me'sell
    Last edited by tigger; 27-02-2020 at 20:28.

^^^^nice find!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast