Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What type of fishing are you really bad at?

Used to be lures but I have improved over the last couple of years.
    I have caught quite a few trite fluff chucking in the past but I could never cast very far.

I'm not as competent at legering as I could be, but I simply don't enjoy it enough to bother doing it.

I'm an utterly incompetent lure angler. I gave it a good go in the first burst of hype I remember (mid 90s jerkbaits and the like). I was so singularly unsuccessful then that the latest burst of fashionability (drop shotting) has not been remotely tempting.

The only type of fishing, that I'm not good at, but I'd actually like to be proficient in is slider fishing.

Breadpunch on canals

Hardly ever got it even half right in a match, just could never work out the feeding anything like as well as I could on blood & joker or squatt

I've lost the patience for sitting and waiting by a static rod(s).

Most if not all. I aim to try lure fishing properly this year and more river fishing next season but I'm all talk and what I am passable at takes over all my good intentions Time and again. If the only enjoyment to be had was catching and being utterly proficient in doing so, I reckon I wouldn't bother.

Blog Entries

In all my years fishing I tried almost every genre. I've enjoyed doing everyone no matter how bad I was at any. My trouble is I lose patience very easily. Being bad at a certain genre of angling has never been an issue for me, the only issue is, do I enjoy it.

Blog Entries

For myself it has to be sea fishing. I used to go on monthly trips with my first father-in-law but was never any good at it. It made no difference if we fished from a boat or the shore it just never clicked with me.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Lure fishing for me too.....in all its various guises inc dropshotting. I have tried it from time to time at various stages in my angling career and though I have caught a few fish it is only a few. I get the principles but when I am bankside I never seem to really understand what it is I am trying to do and why.

I'm a reasonably competent trite angler and though I rarely use trite lures flies are, in essence, artificial lures and I am completely at ease fishing those. I have decided life is too short for me to try to get my head round "proper" lure fishing now.

I am c#@p at lure fishing for pike, perch, bass, etc. Conversely I will fish a fly all day for pike or bass as I have confidence in the method even though you can’t cast nearly as far.

Bullheads - the bu99ers seem to spend all day hiding under stones............................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast