Morale booster

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's called Chernobyl Mark and I cannot say any more for fear of contravening the Official Tigger's secrets Act.

Its a beautiful spot though.

The place is called the secret ****** anyhow ;).

mikench

Reaction score
I’m loving looking at these photos and hope we can continue but my concern is we will overload the server or whatever it is, can a mod advise please?

You will exceed your quota of mgbs of data in all your posted pics. To post more you will need to click on settings ( top right) and then attachments bottom left and remove the older pics which will release available data to use again. I have this issue regularly.

Aknib

Reaction score
Jeez, that float box is even too OCD for me!

It's along the lines of the Aitken boxes of old John, with the lift out tray.

I ordered this one in unfinished oak and did the staining, painting, varnishing and tailored the dividers myself and it serves purely as a stand alone box for my Perch fishing...

It's had a few further modifications along the way and I enjoy taking it out, it's easy to just put in the basket and know everything I need is in there.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I waited about 5 years for this to flower, some sort of semi tropical plant, never knew what it was but it was worth the wait.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think that’s a flower of paradise Mark, only know that from my many trips to the Canaries.

Excuse the font, just running a little test.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Well thank you both, I often wondered, it lived in my neighbors back yard for about two years, I just put it inside their back door in the winter when I used to look after their garden. Then when I packed that up I brought it into my house and two or three years later it produced that flower. Its gone now, outlived its pot but I loved that flower, bit of a treat and brightened up the living room. Now it has brightened up the forum a bit, can't be bad.

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Float-paternostered livebait out for a Perch cruising the marginal shelf...

A result...

And a gate crasher...

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Breach Pond 1.jpg

Where I last fished.

bullet

Reaction score
A rare, (for me, anyway) double shot of Plaice...

IMG-20160429-WA0001.jpg

And a few that came home for Tea...

IMG-20160429-WA0003.jpg

nottskev

Reaction score
A few more reels...

I think you said, way back, that you replace your line a lot, maybe even each time out (or I could have made that up). How do you measure out how much to load on? I can see bulk spools make it cheap enough, but you wouldn't want to be putting too much on, or leaving it short. Do you go by the number of turns, or what? When I loaded pins for barbel last, I walked it out on the park next door, but you've got a lot of reels and lines to change there.

Ps Can you send us some chub down here, please?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think you said, way back, that you replace your line a lot, maybe even each time out (or I could have made that up). How do you measure out how much to load on? I can see bulk spools make it cheap enough, but you wouldn't want to be putting too much on, or leaving it short. Do you go by the number of turns, or what? When I loaded pins for barbel last, I walked it out on the park next door, but you've got a lot of reels and lines to change there.

Ps Can you send us some chub down here, please?

Kev, your right bud, I usually despose of my line after a session and re load whatever reel I use next time out.
Because i've been practicing this method for so long now I think just seem to know when i've put enough on. I load the amount needed for the particular venue, some rivers about 60 or 70yds and some where I trot a hundred yards I might put about 110yds on. It takes me well under 5 min's to tie the line on the spool and wind it on so it's no issue to me.