Morale booster

mikench

Reaction score
The opportunity to see a small selection of Ian’s pins is only possible without charge because the museum is closed during the crisis. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
A truly enormous seatrout at West Bay:

IMG_8513.jpg

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The opportunity to see a small selection of Ian’s pins is only possible without charge because the museum is closed during the crisis. :rolleyes:

Plenty more Mike, just teying to find pic's as I lost most on imageshack.
I had loads of good ones. Had a great pic of a kingfisher on my rod...kin imageshack!

Keith M

Reaction score
Results of a night on the Kennet from around 1976/77 when it was OK to have photos like this.

Of course we wouldn't dream of sacking them nowerdays, but back in those days if we were fishing through the night we all thought it was ok to use 'loose weave' hessian sacks (one Barbel per sack) pegged out (to keep them pointing upstream).

The Barb
el were always fully recovered when we released them after photographing them at first light. But now of course we recover & release them straight after capture; even if we don't have any photos.

NB. Caught on a B. James & son Richard Walker MKIV Avon rod and Mitchell 300 reel.

Keith

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
Compared to some on here, I'm more for a bag of small to medium fish. But the odd proper one comes along

Sadly though, I don't think I'll be seeing my usual close-season fish this year

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've got nerve damage in my finger after this barsteward bit me!

You can see how hard it crushed it's tooth into my finger as it made it the same colour as it you'd trapped it in a door!

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Of course we wouldn't dream of sacking them nowerdays, but back in those days if we were fishing through the night we all thought it was ok to use 'loose weave' hessian sacks

Very true Keith. I remember carp fishing at Billing in the 60's when you couldn't get landing nets big enough for 20lb plus fish so we fixed hessian sacks to bicycle rims. Also we used to sack them up over night for weighing/pics in the morning.