Morale booster

Aknib

Reaction score
Testing the not so famous Gudgeon Quill right off the rod tip on a shallow, town centre dam. Never had a sniff of a Gudgeon but it was far from a wasted effort...

mikench

Reaction score
IMG_4082.jpg

A parasol for the sun.

IMG_1196.jpg

One of my better tench. I still find them elusive.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Post deleted

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
A large homemade bodied waggler making a not unsubstantial Perch look, well...

Unsubstantial.

Philip

Reaction score
Some lovely Perch on this thread which brought back memories. This Perch was my last UK fish before I upped sticks. It came from a water in Kent on a minnow sized bait.

Perch .jpg

Times change. My first trip back after them since then & I had this from a river on similar tactics & tiny bait. Was quite a battle on Perch gear I can tell you !

Catfish.jpg

nottskev

Reaction score
This one joined me for a winter barbel session. The line's not tight because I was only float-legering a little foam blob in the edge. A bit later Steve came along, said that looks good - be nice if it went under..... and it promptly did, resulting in a double-figure fish.

It's not the only time him walking up to my swim has whistled up a bite immediately.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Deleted post

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
tigger; [url=https://postimg.cc/30D3Hvjc said:

I quite like the reel seat on that little rod - reminds me of the one on a John Wilson Avon I once had.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I quite like the reel seat on that little rod - reminds me of the one on a John Wilson Avon I once had.

It's a greys G-string :).
They were made in three different casting weights/lengths and without going looking I think that one is the middle of the road one and maybe 6ft 4inch long and rated to 8lb.
I think Ste bink had one at one time, maybe he has the info on em. They are great little lure rods and i've had some quite decent pike on mine, so it can cope with good fish ok.

lakhyaman

Reaction score
They said come in October. So we did!

image.jpg
But the Saryu was still in spate.

image.jpeg
At the confluence the Kali was tearing through and positively milky in colour.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Contemplation by the "Sacred Pool" some two miles upstream might possibly provide inspiration.

image.jpg
It worked. Not a mighty monster but a wild Mahseer from a wild river in a wild part of the world.

All the best

Lakhyaman

John Keane

Reaction score
They said come in October. So we did!

View attachment 8650
But the Saryu was still in spate.

View attachment 8651
At the confluence the Kali was tearing through and positively milky in colour.

View attachment 8652
View attachment 8653
Contemplation by the "Sacred Pool" some two miles upstream might possibly provide inspiration.

View attachment 8654
It worked. Not a mighty monster but a wild Mahseer from a wild river in a wild part of the world.

All the best

Lakhyaman

Were you using ragi as bait for the mahseer?

Aknib

Reaction score
It's a greys G-string :).
I think Ste bink had one at one time, maybe he has the info on em. They are great little lure rods and i've had some quite decent pike on mine, so it can cope with good fish ok.

You're right mate I did, it was the middle one in the range which went great with a tiny Daiwa 500 Crossfire...

Sold it in a clear out I had a few years ago, kind of wish I hadn't but probably wouldn't have used it since as every time I took it out after Perch I'd catch anything but.

It could be convenient at times but I can honestly say I don't miss spinning or lure fishing one bit.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It could be convenient at times but I can honestly say I don't miss spinning or lure fishing one bit.

I hardly ever bother Ste, i'm pretty much a one track pony at the present and for the biggest part it's barbel and chub on the pin and rod or tench during the closed river season. My favourite species and my favourite method to catch em :).

Although, i'll be more than happy to go visit Lankyman if and he invites me :).

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Deleted post

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Post deleted

Last edited: