Morale booster

lakhyaman

Reaction score
Were you using ragi as bait for the mahseer?

No, we were spinning. I was using a j 13 jointed rapala minnow. You can see it just above and to the left of my hat.

I did catch a few very small Mahseer using ground millet, jaggery (molasses) and garlic paste to make a sticky mix for a flatbed method feeder. Hair rigged raisins were the bait!

image.jpg
image.jpg
The "Prof" looking all tangled up with his first ever Mahseer using a rock as a leger weight and raisins for bait!

All the best

Lakhyaman

Last edited:

lakhyaman

Reaction score
I hardly ever bother Ste, i'm pretty much a one track pony at the present and for the biggest part it's barbel and chub on the pin and rod or tench during the closed river season. My favourite species and my favourite method to catch em :)

Although, i'll be more than happy to go visit Lankyman if and he invites me :).

You are more than welcome tigger.

mikench

Reaction score
I’m up for it: that would be a fish in to remember. The trouble is I would need a jumbo jet just for my gear.:rolleyes:

Aknib

Reaction score
Of all the Christmas Day sessions over the years this has to be one of the most memorable during a very mild December when I decided to go sh!t or bust on the river with nothing but krilled maggots as bait with a good bunch on a clip which resulted in a near or likely well exceeded 100lb mixed net on one of those days where everything rocked up.

It took around forty minutes before I saw the first nod on the tip and thereafter things got busy.

Prior to that first nod I distinctly remember thinking how comfortable I'd have been sat on the sofa at home, scoffing something nice followed by a swig of something potent but I've never really done conventional...

where can i get e15 gas near me

upload image file

I've had a couple of close squeaks and many memorable fish over the years but I've never blanked on Christmas Day yet.

Stuff Christmas cake!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Post deleted

Last edited:

rich66

Reaction score
048a6774a60bdc3151e53c490197e945.jpg

The river Wreake in Leicestershire, just before it meets the Soar at Thurmaston. Lots of fish that day feeding just below the surface and no kit with me. The old buildings peeked my interest too

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Lots of Mullet collect there but they will not let me fish - shoals of big Mullet; I have lost a lot of sleep over that vision.

Philip

Reaction score
I can't remember were I took it but it was a great example of coloured water coming in from a tributary..

river.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
We have a wonderful viewpoint a few miles from our home.
Saint Cirq Lapopie is a charming village high on the side of the valley of the Lot. Great position to appreciate this lovely river.

St Circ Jane.jpg

St Cirq river Lot 2.jpg

We are still in lockdown and fishing is not permitted. In a recent speach the PM hinted controls may be eased on regions with few cases of coronavirus. As the regional hospital has only seen 17 cases to date, and the Lot area has hardly been affected, I hold onto the glimmer of hope I will get down to the river this summer!

Attachments

• St Cirq river Lot 1.jpg
    St Cirq river Lot 1.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 148
  • St Cirq river Lot 5.jpg
    St Cirq river Lot 5.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Not far short of my favourite fish. I wonder what they would be like if they reached 12plus pounds?

Aknib

Reaction score

I can't stop looking at this, I love the buildings.

Reminds me of scenes from Scooby Doo where the aging caretaker is revealed as the 'ghost' who's been haunting the buildings to ward off prying eyes so that he has time to dig up the stolen cash office loot he buried there decades earlier as a worker in a thriving grain store ;)