Morale booster

Aknib

Reaction score
Freshly minted skimmer caught during a tip session and one of those nicely proportioned fish that you feel will go on to become big...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Post deleted

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
I never thought that I’d be clicking the ‘Like’ button for a
picture of a bream :)

Keith

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I never thought that I’d be clicking the ‘Like’ button for a
picture of a bream :)

Keith

Hahaha Keith, strange times indeed !

In all honesty those bream in my pic really pulled back and gave a great fight!

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Managed some freshwater fishing in Scotland, mostly pike and trout. Many of the waters are not too fertile so have low stocks of coarse fish.

Lake of Menteith is the only "lake" in Scotland. It is quite rich in coarse fish but is also a well stocked trout fishery. In the winter the pike associations get limited access to fish the lake. Here are a couple I was lucky to catch, the 18 pounder on a large floating plug and the 27 pounder on a launce deadbait.

Pike Lake of Menteith 18lb.jpg

Pike Lake of Menteith 27lb.jpg

Loch Earn has some rainbow trout farms. Purist trout fishing techniques (swimfeeder, double maggot!) fishing near the farms, brought good brown trout and char.

My daughter with a handsome brown trout of 4.5 lb

10.jpg

Ruth was not pleased I went solo when she was in school and got this 5.75 lb trout.

Brown trout PB 5.75lb.jpg

My friend had a boat with a dodgy engine on Loch Earn. His daughter fished whilst we struggled with the engine. She had a string of good brown trout and char, again on swimfeeder and maggot bait.

Big char Loch Earn - Edited.jpg

For a few years after the fish farms started on Loch Earn the fishing was brilliant. The char that normally only reached about 12ozs grew to over 10lbs! Then more and more rainbow trout escaped into the loch and the fishing became rainbow hell! Fish method feeder and you will get dozens of stunted, tatty finned rainbow trout - and they taste horrible!

Aknib

Reaction score
Lovely olive colour to this gravel pit Tench...

And another chunky Ruffe with eyes bigger than his belly...

nottskev

Reaction score
Bream? Yeuk. What a terrible morning's pole fishing this was :)

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I have never seen so many fish that I cant catch. This is supposed to be a morale booster, not an inadequacy booster :)

nottskev

Reaction score
I have never seen so many fish that I cant catch. This is supposed to be a morale booster, not an inadequacy booster :)

I've got plenty of pics like this with not much in the net - I just don't post them :)

Steve Arnold

Reaction score

Chin up, work on the principle that there are plenty fish to catch and your time will come.

My fishing life has been a species hunt since I was a kid. Still to get a zander, though I am closing in on that!

I have also (usually) worked on the principle of "go big....or go home". With patience big baits usually get the biggest fish, though my best few trout have come to single or double maggots on a size 16 hook!

Just got to avoid this damned virus and I have the tools and the location to get that zander. Very frustrating! Everyone on this forum must be suffering from frustrated angling ambitions syndrome!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wrong thread, post moved.

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Chin up, work on the principle that there are plenty fish to catch and your time will come.

My fishing life has been a species hunt since I was a kid. Still to get a zander, though I am closing in on that!

I have also (usually) worked on the principle of "go big....or go home". With patience big baits usually get the biggest fish, though my best few trout have come to single or double maggots on a size 16 hook!

Just got to avoid this damned virus and I have the tools and the location to get that zander. Very frustrating! Everyone on this forum must be suffering from frustrated angling ambitions syndrome!

No problem, I have just worked it out, I don't have an acolyte thingamabob.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Deleted for space

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
And a chunky, paddle tailed river Common taken on a small black cap feeder and double red maggot...

barbelboi

Reaction score
A few of the carp taken from a shallow bay at a deserted low water Naseby reservoir in May last year on a 1.5 Avon and bubble.............

naseby-16may19pic2.jpg
naseby-16may19pic1.jpg
naseby-16may19pic3.jpg
naseby-16may19pic4.jpg

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A few of the carp taken from a shallow bay at a deserted low water Naseby reservoir in May last year on a 1.5 Avon and bubble.............

naseby-16may19pic2.jpg
naseby-16may19pic1.jpg
naseby-16may19pic3.jpg
naseby-16may19pic4.jpg

BB, I can't see your hair do.....:mad: :w