Morale booster

Paste paul

Reaction score
59F70850-DCFC-4F1F-BE42-7FBF66450B5A.jpg

Me last year ..... managed to get a few for a change...... that’s why I’m smiling

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Quite big from one river I fish, once just a nuisance slime bucket pest, now a morale booster, I wonder how these are missed now; how times change :) I love them really, always a pleasure. However, it's the fag packet that floats my boat not having had one for a year.

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
I have only had one large catch of bream ever. Just the odd bream by accident.....and I have never considered them a pest!

When I caught a 6 pounder I was really chuffed! There are times when we should simply be grateful for a fish, I bet all of us are thinking that just now.:cool:

nottskev

Reaction score
I have only had one large catch of bream ever. Just the odd bream by accident.....and I have never considered them a pest!

When I caught a 6 pounder I was really chuffed! There are times when we should simply be grateful for a fish, I bet all of us are thinking that just now.:cool:
-
I'm always happy to catch bream. I think some catch them accidentally and complain they're not carp or barbel, but I've know lots of places - canals, for instance - where a good catch of bream is a challenge to your skills.

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
River Lot bream are fit! Put up a good account of itself and felt like a decent chub heading for a sunken tree.

IMG_20190611_191142959.jpg

and the scenic swim where it was caught

Barbel swim.jpg

Barbel ideal.jpg

Lovely spot to sit into the evening. Although I have had barbel and small carp there it is that PB 6lb
+ bream that sticks in my memory.

nottskev

Reaction score
Two fs reels in view in the boot.... were you going barbelling, Steve?

Aknib

Reaction score
Two fs reels in view in the boot.... were you going barbelling, Steve?

I'm pretty sure it was a late afternoon into evening Zander session a few years ago Kev, I posted the result earlier on in the thread but here's another picture taken during that session...

Not the best of nights for Zander, the forecast was for good cloud cover throughout the night and the only fish I caught was late afternoon, before the sun set and it got 'light'! :D

Keith M

Reaction score
Looking at my rod I think this was either a Carp caught off the surface or caught while I was after Tench.

Keith

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Talking of Zander...

This was fading light and last knockings on another Christmas Day session where I'd been targeting Zander but accidentally opened the batting with two big Chub on and over the 6lbs mark, both of which had snaffled my Lamprey bait.

I lost my unhooking mat that day but there wasn't a hard surface to be seen!

I'll try and find a picture of the Chub...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Poost edited

Last edited: