Morale booster

Keith M

Reaction score
Not a bad thing really as i'm fed up with posting pic's, postimage won't let me post anymore as apparently I have to upgrade.

I can still post images from PostImage but there’s an extra button to ‘upgrade to Premium’ which I’m ignoring at the present.

To test it heres a Warner’s hotel where I’ve spent several weekends over the last few years and there’s a nice little stream running next to it which has some nice Chub in it.

Keith

Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
Just acquired a new camera and been messing around trying out the various modes and settings and got a few shots in the garden, of which this one was one of the best. 29-F555-D8-1-A3-B-49-ED-8-DD4-A342-F41-C7-CC7.jpg

lakhyaman

Reaction score
November:

image.jpg
Catla (Catla catla) 22 pounds held up by Mandan, the ghillie.

I released these fish in to my little lake as three inch fry in 2010. Very satisfying to catch them at this weight.

All the best

Lakhyaman

lakhyaman

Reaction score
That looks like it gave a good account of itself?

Catlas are very powerful animals. They make a similar sized carp look seriously anaemic. There are carp in there for a direct comparison pound for pound. They go up to a hundred pounds.

All the best

Lakhyaman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Great photo Lakhyaman.

Are you allowed to go fishing at the moment?

lakhyaman

Reaction score
Great photo Lakhyaman.

Are you allowed to go fishing at the moment?

Afraid not. The government has ordered us to stay indoors from 6pm to 6am and only to go out during the day for essential work or shopping. I do not go out. The police and army are out and enforcing this.

We have very low testing but are expecting the third (bad) stage to start now. Officially 484 infected, 30 dead, 5000 or so tested. Population 160 million.

Stay safe

All the best

Lakhyaman

Aknib

Reaction score
One of those days sitting on the end of the wind, forget the twitches just wait for that tip to wang around...

Keith M

Reaction score
Some of the Roach in the Holme Lacy hotel lake near Hereford were not huge but I didn’t get many of them to the pound.

Keith

Last edited:

naxian62

Reaction score
25lb 6oz from a notoriously hard water., on a popped-up roach!!20140421_125129.jpg

Aknib

Reaction score
Have you got enough though Steve?:rolleyes:

The line on your Conquest pin looks like Progold.

You can never have enough Mike and yup, it's ProGold... I don't use anything else unless I'm Piking in which case it's ProTough :)

Aknib

Reaction score
Inching a large, 9grm homemade slider Avon along an undercut bank during high water...

I went back a few days later but on that session alone it worked eleven times...

Reaction score
Im afraid your not lifting my morale,hearing our daily report I have my doubts we will be fishing by xmas,even though they didnt say that...

barbelboi

Reaction score
You can never have enough Mike and yup, it's ProGold... I don't use anything else unless I'm Piking in which case it's ProTough

And there's some on here that still don't have enough Sens(e) as to using it...........:rolleyes:

Keith M

Reaction score
It’s my favourite line for fishing for large species and has been for quite a few years now, however not on my centrepins for trotting though (I use Dave Harrel Pro Float for that); I didn’t realise that Pro Gold was a good trotting line as well.

Keith

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
It’s my favourite line for fishing for large species and has been for quite a few years now, however not on my centrepins for trotting though; I didn’t know it was a good floater.

Keith

I don't know if it's a 'good' floater Keith but it does, just as it will sink if I want to sink it.

That said I'm the least fussiest person in the world when it comes to line, as long as it is quality I'm happy and I use if for the stick on the river, waggler on stillwaters, bomb, feeder, short range, long range etc.

It might not be the best for a certain aspect but I reckon it's the best all rounder so it ticks my box for keeping things simple.

I also put lots and lots of line on my 'pins, I reckon well over a hundred yards (I use 500 or 1000yard bulk spools) without any bedding or other problems and leave the line on there season after season until they get so low I have to replace it on the basis that there's not much of it left... I'm a line hooligan! ;)