Morale booster

Reaction score
It never used to be a brilliant area,did it fish ok?

Aknib

Reaction score
If there's one thing I do miss it's the cook ups that I regularly used to have on the bank, no fuss just the bare minimum of stuff that slipped into my bag along with everything else.

Unbeatable during cold Winter days on the river...

I think I may well just revisit that one :)

mikench

Reaction score
B***** hell Steve I'd go fishing with you just for the grub. Er what happened to come dine with me when we met?:)

Aknib

Reaction score
B***** hell Steve I'd go fishing with you just for the grub. Er what happened to come dine with me when we met?:)

It was more of a Winter and night session thing Mike, on the plus side I'm a good four stone lighter these days although that's not just down to the grub.

Might only be two stone lighter soon, the way things are going ;)

Reaction score
No, it was very hard...

Mmmm,the first three pegs after the lock were slightly better,then you had to get down to what was known as the carp hole,bloody good bream pegs too,after that it was much more consistent,back in the day,lol...

Reaction score
Steve it must have weighed ten pounds with the stove and half a pig...

no-one in particular

Reaction score
It was more of a Winter and night session thing Mike, on the plus side I'm a good four stone lighter these days although that's not just down to the grub.

Might only be two stone lighter soon, the way things are going ;)

All I keep seeing is fish I can't catch, and now grub I can't eat, I hope we don't start on women I cant have, my morale couldn't take it. :)

Aknib

Reaction score
A couple of plump margin caught Crucians to kick things off today, different waters but both on worm 'n dibber...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another dark tench. This particular specimen well known on the estate.

Reaction score
Anyone wanting a boost in morale needs to watch Terry Hearns videos on the Thames on youtube,now I dont like carping films,but he brings it over really well,seems a really decent bloke to boot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone wanting a boost in morale needs to watch Terry Hearns videos on the Thames on youtube,now I dont like carping films,but he brings it over really well,seems a really decent bloke to boot

I posted a link on the “what are you watching” thread when discovering his Thames videos only yesterday. Like you I’m not into carping but if I was this is what I’d want to do. Terry tells a good tale, I’m guessing he’s a London boy from his accent and his early fishing trips going to Kingston where I often fished as a lad.

Reaction score
Made me feel the genuine enthusiasm and appreciation of the river and its occupants that he so obviously felt...

Aknib

Reaction score
A mild Winter Barbel, hardly notable for its size but one of those fish that was just in peak condition...

Keith M

Reaction score

A nice Tench caught on the Estate lake back in the early 80s.

Dig the all in one waxed cotton hooded ‘onesy’ as it was very warm and dry. I haven’t seen them for sale any more :)

Keith

Last edited: