Morale booster

mikench

Reaction score
I understand that self adulation can be tireing Gary. Just think another three weeks and you never know . I suspect the government are on airport time ie each minute is 10:rolleyes:

John Keane

Reaction score
I've been racking my brain to think of something to boost my morale and came up with nothing apart from getting back to the bank with my tackle.
I'm resigned that nothing else will do.
Things aren't getting any better coz I've sat and watched Superman, Superman 11 and now Superman 111 is on at the moment.
HELP ME.

They’ve made a hundred and eleven Superman films?

ian g

Reaction score
Anyone wanting a boost in morale needs to watch Terry Hearns videos on the Thames on youtube,now I dont like carping films,but he brings it over really well,seems a really decent bloke to boot

Yep , I watch that the other day , I 'm also not a carp angler but I enjoyed that , very atmospheric

barbelboi

Reaction score
Joy Lane? - nothing on the next village to us...................:)

PS It doesn't raise anything.....................

bell-end.jpg

The Runner

Reaction score
Been digitizing another batch of old photos- some lovely memories. Here's my old mate, the late Kevin Harman, on his way to 180 lb of bream on the Shannon, mid 80s. An unusual pic in a way, as by that time of evening the group of us who used to go would normally be back, showered, fed and in the pub....
IMG_1431.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 118

The Runner

Reaction score
And here's me, aged 15, with my first carp and first of a sequence of silly hats.
Brayton Pool, Aspatria, Cumberland, 1971
IMG_1410.jpg

Aknib

Reaction score
Great pics Runner :cool:

Another Christmas Day river Pike for me, the crafty git had been sat guarding my deadbait until he felt hungry enough to take it and I went to recast, forgot my line was on a run clip with the bail arm open and as I picked up the rod it inadvertently twitched the bait ever so slightly as the line came out of the clip. Fearing his potential dinner had magically gained a second wind and was about to escape, the fish pounced on the movement.

Only run I had all day and a pic of the treble which it then went on to demolish in the landing net...

the little prince wallpaper

what's open right now around me

mikench

Reaction score
Do you remember long haul flights to the other side of the world.

DSC01600.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
725E9848-E31B-4B07-879C-AA0E76915C95.jpg

Must be getting soft in my old age, few years ago it would be in the oven.

mikench

Reaction score
It is John. It was a Preston flat back brolly and very good it was until I left it a venue only discovering its loss a week later when I went to the car to fetch it.

I bought the latest incarnation called the Multi brolly I think which has a dual position tilt mechanism. It isn’t as taut as the original but works as well. It isn’t light but manageable.

mikench

Reaction score
I have just the one grouse Steve in an otherwise very pheasant series of pics; should it have been eating red maggots. It didn't quail though and I bet it returned ptarmigan and again.:rolleyes: