Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  90
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lockdown effect on fishing ?

Quote Originally Posted by xenon View Post
    I say again, I can, and do, do this without meeting anyone else at all so the chances of transmission are, count them, zero.
    You’re missing the point entirely (deliberately most likely). Fishing is off limits regardless of how safe you think it might be.

I say again, I can, and do, do this without meeting anyone else at all so the chances of transmission are, count them, zero.
    you selfish nasty ******* , watch the television and see how many are dying

Under government guidance all travel is limited to essential travel only.
    Daily exercise should be taken locally to your home.
    Fishing is not a daily exercise or essential travel
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Fish can go a long time without food, I don't think the lack of anglers baits will affect them much.

Default Lockdown effect on fishing ?

Interesting question, my old club used to enforce the closed season on it’s still waters. After 3 months I used to make an effort to get on there as soon as possible after it opened again.
    Every time it was a disappointment the fish just wouldn’t feed for the first week. You’d catch the odd one or two but no one did much good. Maybe it was the weather or whatever who knows. I know the last year I was a member there I deliberately left it another week after it opened and had far better results than I had before.

Just to add I would have thought the true commercials would be ok as they would have been fed by the owners

Quote Originally Posted by john r stockburn View Post
    you selfish nasty ******* , watch the television and see how many are dying
    I can see as well as you how many are dying. Calling me nasty names might make you feel better but does not alter my case, which I believe to be valid.

I can see as well as you how many are dying. Calling me nasty names might make you feel better but does not alter my case, which I believe to be valid.
    A virus can live two hours outside the body at least, in a 20mph wind it can travel 40 miles in that time. You think you can't catch it just because your in an out of the way fishing spot!
    Last edited by markg; 25-03-2020 at 20:53.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    A virus can live two hours outside the body at least, in a 20mph wind it can travel 40 miles in that time. You think you can't catch it just because your in an out of the way fishing spot!
    Had not considered that. Just did a bit of googling and came across this-
    How Long Will Coronavirus Live on Surfaces or in the Air Around You? - The New York Times

You have convinced me and Im not stubborn enough to not be able to change my mind, so until this horror show is over, Im not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    That is a very interesting point. I have never heard this mentioned before by all those giving advice on the box. I wonder if this is the reason for the amazingly speedy spread of it across continents.
    On the face of it this would seem more to the point than the 6 feet rule.

Anyone know for sure from scientific studies if it can spread like that on the wind?

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    That is a very interesting point. I have never heard this mentioned before by all those giving advice on the box. I wonder if this is the reason for the amazingly speedy spread of it across continents.
    On the face of it this would seem more to the point than the 6 feet rule.

Anyone know for sure from scientific studies if it can spread like that on the wind?
    if that NY times article is anywhere near right then office air conditioning is a fiendishly tailor made device to spread the damn thing to everyone in the building!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast