Lockdown effect on fishing ?

nottskev

Reaction score
I see we had to ship a load of Europeans in to pick the fruit harvest yesterday. I wonder what all those that voted to kick old Johnny Foreigner out think about that now. And Boris, wonder what he thinks about charging foreign NHS workers an excess charge to work here now that two saved his life.

According to CLA - a kind of union for owners of land, property and business - it will need an army of about 80,000 to Take Back Control of our harvests this year.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
According to CLA - a kind of union for owners of land, property and business - it will need an army of about 80,000 to Take Back Control of our harvests this year.

This was only about 100 flown in by special charter plane from Romania. They better line up another 8000 plane loads.

Molehill

Reaction score
I see we had to ship a load of Europeans in to pick the fruit harvest yesterday. I wonder what all those that voted to kick old Johnny Foreigner out think about that now. And Boris, wonder what he thinks about charging foreign NHS workers an excess charge to work here now that two saved his life.

The NFU have been trying to recruit pickers and harvesters for some time, plenty of food for us but it has to get on the shelves somehow.
Seems ridiculous that we have masses of current unemployed and masses of jobs vacant in that industry, but perhaps picking is too hard work and below many?
Used to spend my school holidays and teen years picking fruit, good times.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
The NFU have been trying to recruit pickers and harvesters for some time, plenty of food for us but it has to get on the shelves somehow.
Seems ridiculous that we have masses of current unemployed and masses of jobs vacant in that industry, but perhaps picking is too hard work and below many?
Used to spend my school holidays and teen years picking fruit, good times.

I did it once for a few quid when I was skint, had a great time. Fresh air and a good laugh, back ache but I have had worse working. They think a lot of crops are going to rot in the ground this year because of lack of pickers, that's why they are shipping in emergency pickers. the EU pickers do not want to come here anymore, or the medical staff, cant say I blame them. I think generally, as a country, we told them they were not welcome anymore.

I am also wondering about any corvid assistance grant package being arrange by the EU, will we get any of it not being in the EU now, maybe we could have done with it if not. Rotting crops, no NHS workers and no money-Were we a bunch of dumb smuchks?

Last edited: