Bailiffing

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
One of the clubs I am in n the Warrington are, has been informed by Cheshire Police ,that because we are voluntary bailiffs and police our waters, we are allowed to go and check our waters.
This stemmed from an incident this morning when a member decided to ignore club rules and fish one of our waters,.
A bailiff went and removed his card and the possibly now ex member.
The police now have a list of the bailiffs names.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
He wont be getting licence back as far as I know, committee decision to be made, and he has to go before committee, he would have paid a minimum of around £100 for his card this year, so I hope it will be an expensive lesson about club rules if they ban him from the club.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The last thing i'll be doing is bailiffing!

We have laminated warrant cards with our photo etc as proof of ID.

John Keane

Reaction score
One of the clubs I am in n the Warrington are, has been informed by Cheshire Police ,that because we are voluntary bailiffs and police our waters, we are allowed to go and check our waters.
This stemmed from an incident this morning when a member decided to ignore club rules and fish one of our waters,.
A bailiff went and removed his card and the possibly now ex member.
The police now have a list of the bailiffs names.

Is that Lymm Anglers, Mark?

john step

Reaction score
I use my exercise slot to cycle to my lake to check up on things. I have put up a couple of PRIVATE signs extra as it seems there are more people off work and using the exercise excuse to explore and trespass.

John Keane

Reaction score
Nunsmere is one massive white elephant and Woodside has been ruined by the “improvements” to the site. Lymm is morphing into a carp club with a bunch of ar$eholes on the committee, but that’s only my opinion and why I left the club.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Nunsmere is one massive white elephant and Woodside has been ruined by the “improvements” to the site. Lymm is morphing into a carp club with a bunch of ar$eholes on the committee, but that’s only my opinion and why I left the club.

Whitley2 is no longer on the card, the parish council seemed to have changed their mind about wanting the club on there,
Whitley Pool is closed until further notice while water tests are still being carried out,
Nearly every water has carp in it of various sizes attempt are ongoing to rod and line the last few carp out of Grimsditch, this is to make it a silvers tench and crucian water.
And a fair few waters have catfish in them.
As for Nunsmere it seems it is same anglers fishing it, Catchpenny also.