Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  51
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default re: Are you still buying new tackle?

Just ordered a new 36” Dinsmores specimen/carp/pike landing net head from eBay as, when sorting my garage out, I found that mice had eaten bloody big holes in my Abu one!

Spelling mistakes.
    Last edited by tigger; 01-04-2020 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    As mentioned in another thread I have just found and bought Daiwa Amorphous Whisker Super Light float rod from a very nice chap in Barnsley.

The rod has had a Fuji reel seat fitted which I’ve mixed feelings about, I could always revert it back to original state but doubt I’ll bother.
    That's a real find, John. They don't make them like that anymore. What's the Fuji seat like? You can see from the pic below that rather than replace, I just wrapped a bit of tape to offset the wear/compression from years of use.

As to changing back to a plain handle, I'd consider it if I didn't like the fitting. I changed the sliding bands - like the composite ones in the pic but the useless metal originals - on a Diaflash, and ended up as shown, a Fuji with a palmswell. But I can't get over my hatred for that foam stuff on float rods, and I may take it back to Plain cork. I'll probably have spent the price of an ok rod messing with the handle, but I'd sooner have one rod I really like than several I'm indifferent to. Any chance of a pic of what your Daiwa handle looks like?

This is so strange Kev, if it had happened today I would have thought it was a prank.

I’ve had a number of “wanted” ads on various Facebook groups for a few months now, plenty of time wasters, some trying to sell me a something akin to a broomstick handle, I had given up any hope of a genuine enquiry.

Then out of the blue a couple of days ago I had not one but two offers, both guys same Christian name, both from Barnsley and both offering the exact rod with modified reel seat, both asking a similar amount of money too, you couldn’t make it up!

One of the guys has said he won’t sell before it’s safe to do so as he is in total lockdown, so there’s one still out there for anyone interested!

I’ve had these photos from the seller I’m buying from.

Last edited by s63; 01-04-2020 at 12:18.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    This is so strange Kev, if it had happened today I would have thought it was a prank.

I’ve had a number of “wanted” ads on various Facebook groups for a few months now, plenty of time wasters, some trying to sell me a something akin to a broomstick handle, I had given up any hope of a genuine enquiry.

Then out of the blue a couple of days ago I had not one but two offers, both guys same Christian name, both from Barnsley and both offering the exact rod with modified reel seat, both asking a similar amount of money too, you couldn’t make it up!

One of the guys has said he won’t sell before it’s safe to do so as he is in total lockdown, so there’s one still out there for anyone interested!

I’ve had these photos from the seller I’m buying from.

Same handle as I put on! I would agree that out of many reel seats I've seen, it's a comfortable shape.
    That is a weird story, where two come along at once. I'm not that surprised about Barnsley. Daiwa were massive in South Yorkshire then (and now for all I know) and I've bought a couple of Connoisseurs from that area. Must be something in the water.

The tracking number starts with two letters.....PB

Has to be an omen.

I'm holding off the Sphere; can't justify it for one swim that might not be available in the future due to possibility of all the land being sold - doesn't mean I'm not tempted but more likely to spend similar money on a video camera.

My rod mod for screw down rods continues to be the best for me and I can't figure a better arrangement for the Allerton at the moment short of an expensive rebuild of the handle.

Are you still buying new tackle?-aimg_3956.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nottskev View Post
    Same handle as I put on!
    Kev...

Check the shed!
    Born to mow... Long grass is our enemy!

Default Re: Are you still buying new tackle?

I don't think I’ll buy any terminal tackle for a while, it’s sounds inappropriately described!

Default Re: Are you still buying new tackle?

So, Browning are introducing a new Sphere Silverlite Whip at the end of May, just in time for the new river season. ******!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast