Are you still buying new tackle?

Richox12

Reaction score
There's nothing I particularly need. The worry is that when I do need something there'll be far fewer shops to buy from. So far with the winter we've had and now this shops have had hardly any business for 6 months already. I fear a lot of shops will go bust. I would not be surprised at all if some tackle companies, of varying sizes, go bust. I think the tackle industry will shrink and never recover.

We're all doomed Captain Mainwaring

Hope i'm wrong.

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
As a self confessed lure addict and fully paid up member of lure anglers anonymous, I'm afraid I still buy ….. but only items I may need for next winters campaign, I've just this week received an emergency appeal parcel direct from Rapala.

rayner

Reaction score
Resisting the pull of a new reel I've been trying to overall a Mitchel match Cerca 1980. I had an idea to buy a Matrix horizon x 3000. The Mitchel match is quite grubby, still works as well as it ever did so a bit of a de-gunk and it will be fine. The Mitchel is a far better build than the carbon bodied efforts that are on sale now.

Aknib

Reaction score
Not tackle as such but I did order a new barbeque and some charcoal yesterday form an outdoor and leisure place over in Herefordshire.

I asked myself what, if anything tackle related, I would have otherwise put the forty four quid to and I couldn't think of a single thing that I wanted or needed that was realistically within reach.

John Keane

Reaction score
I am toying with a big pit daiwa reel and a 1.75lb tc barbel rod for bagging waggler at Clattercote Res and possibly Boddington.

Go for the 11’ or 12’ Drennan Avon Quiver in 1.5 or 1.75lb. Wonderful rods and you have the versatility of the Avon top for the bagging waggler or a couple of quivertips if you want to switch to fishing on the deck.

mikench

Reaction score
How does the Drennan compare to the DV .75tc rod John?

I think this rod has been superseded by the Twintop or is this thecrod you have?