Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  51
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Are you still buying new tackle?

With fishing not likely to resume for some time are you still buying fishing tackle of any sort?
    Every day I get emails from various online tackle shops try to tempt me into buying tackle that I can’t use.
    I get the feeling that this shut down will be the end for some local tackle shops, unless the reopening bring about a surge in buying just like the old close season use to.
    The last tackle I bought was a few months ago, a complete Dropshotting outfit that is still in the shed waiting to be used.

Default re: Are you still buying new tackle?

No not till my shop opens again, I don’t buy online, don’t trust it since my daughter in law got ripped of when she bought me something online.

As you can imagine, no.

Blog Entries

Not a bit,in fact I could open an online shop myself...

Blog Entries

I have just received 4 new fly lines for some of my reels together with backing line and some leader materials.

I ordered them online (unusually for me) and yesterday I ordered some additional fly tying materials as well.

Given the current restrictions then online ordering is the only way at the moment.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I'm afraid I lied. I have just had some powerpro braid delivered and some cute little crazy fish 20mm whitebait lures recommended by Neil1970. Roll on next spring.

Stocked up on groundbaits during Bobco's last sale and bought a Cadence #3 feeder rod with free reel over Christmas. No chance of using it since purchase so won't be buying anything else for the foreseeable.

Just float making stuff from Keith Wilkes , not sure I'll ever use all the floats but I'll never run out.................s**t said it now

I’ve had bits of terminal tackle from eBay and sold some stuff on there but I’m ceasing selling now till it’s all over.

Blog Entries

Normally I buy terminal gear and some baits through the winter from the local tackle shop. He'll be thinking I have found another shop because I haven't been in since October.
    I have a list of what I would have bought last winter, I expected filling up this Spring but circumstance took over.
    I still have my shopping list, no sooner than I'm able to wet a line I will be up to buy my tackle.
    I did buy a Matrix accessory chair plus accessories online plus a MAP waggler rod and a Diawa reel, not something I would normally do but it was sort of a release.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast