Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    Argos is on the edge, and I don't remember seeing cars there... I bet you can't park anywhere near Carfax tower.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    Quote Originally Posted by Krang View Post
    Argos is on the edge, and I don't remember seeing cars there... I bet you can't park anywhere near Carfax tower.
    You couldn’t over 60 years ago ago either

    There is plenty of parking around the old oxpens

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    Quote Originally Posted by morston1 View Post
    You couldn’t over 60 years ago ago either

    There is plenty of parking around the old oxpens
    Nobody drives past it either. I often wait for busses outside Christchurch and never see cars. Only busses, coaches and taxis. I believe there's a carpark at the back of Westgate but that's a long way from the center.

    Anyway markcw won't be revving his engine at cyclists anywhere in Oxford much longer because the whole place is going electric only.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    leafy cheshire
    Posts
    13,535

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    Ferrari’s are exempt.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    The westgate carpark is part of westgate shopping mall. So how can that be far from the centre, ?
    The road opposite entrance to centre is where argos is, walk along there and see how many cars are allowed to park there.
    It's just a pity there is no tackle shop in oxford, that is well stocked,Instead of having to go to kidlington to Ace Tackle, or to States Tackle near linear fisheries.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    The westgate carpark is part of westgate shopping mall. So how can that be far from the centre, ?
    The road opposite entrance to centre is where argos is, walk along there and see how many cars are allowed to park there.
    It's just a pity there is no tackle shop in oxford, that is well stocked,Instead of having to go to kidlington to Ace Tackle, or to States Tackle near linear fisheries.
    The Westgate center is huge now. The outer edge of it isn't in the center according to any definition of center I've ever seen. The inner side of it is five mins walk from Carfax, which is at the center.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    The naming of the post-industrial landscape bends the language to breaking point. "Centres" are usually peripheral or in the middle of nowhere. "Villages" are likely to be collections of flat-roofed tin warehouses as in "Outlet Village". And anyone expecting trees and flowers in a park will be disappointed when they get to the "Retail Park".

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    Quote Originally Posted by Krang View Post
    The Westgate center is huge now. The outer edge of it isn't in the center according to any definition of center I've ever seen. The inner side of it is five mins walk from Carfax, which is at the center.
    Huge ?? Its like a bunch of corner shops compared to the Trafford Centre.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    Huge ?? Its like a bunch of corner shops compared to the Trafford Centre.
    They redeveloped it. Now its three floors and has a Curzon cinema.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

    Quote Originally Posted by Krang View Post
    They redeveloped it. Now its three floors and has a Curzon cinema.
    And your point is ??
    It is still like a row of shops compared to the Trafford Centre. Which also has 2 floors, a fountain, a multi national dining experience. A cinema and an 11500 capacity car park.
    Now can we get this back on topic about going fishing and what with.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •