Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

John Keane

Reaction score
Thanks John, I will look at the Middy, I had heard 6mm for the map, that's why I considered those, 7mm will be near the edges of the strengthened part of section.As for Prestons I have never fancied drilling 10mm into any topkit irrespective of make of pole, Did you get a genuine shimano topkit for yours ,?

Yep, the cost of the Shimano isn’t much more than a universal top kit and possibly less when you get the tackle shop to put a wrap on it and a side puller and less hassle cutting to size too.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Just got to find somewhere that stocks them.
I am not putting the margin extreme on it like shimano say you can do. It seems to powerful . I put it on the one I sold you, didnt try it out, made it feel heavy as well.
Edit.... managed to source shimano topkits and number 3 sections plus extensions.
A phone call is in order after Easter.

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Back to the original question. I have been out for cycle rides via a couple of local fisheries most days. They look in prime condition. Heart achingly so.
So really to start with absolutely anywhere peaceful where I can sit in the sunshine with a nice bright waggler sticking above the surface and a nice big bait on the hook. A worm,prawn or flake seems lovely in my minds eye.

John Keane

Reaction score
I’ll look forward to going to my local tackle shop as I miss the abuse, banter, cups of tea and the hilarity when a new customer gets caught out by the rubber Jaffa Cake!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
My club waters around Warrington are looking good according to the bailiffs, I will have a look around them on next hospital appointment up there. Only bailiffs allowed on them at the moment and that is to check for illegal fishing ,set lines etc and condition of the waters.

john step

Reaction score
My club waters around Warrington are looking good according to the bailiffs, I will have a look around them on next hospital appointment up there. Only bailiffs allowed on them at the moment and that is to check for illegal fishing ,set lines etc and condition of the waters.

Thats what I do on my cycle rounds.