Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

mikench

Reaction score
I'm sure we are all dreaming of the day when we can go fishing again. I know I am but are you thinking of a particular venue, swim, method etc.

I reckon the close season will be over by then so I plan a trip to a canal ( not done since I was 12) with a light lure rod and micro lures.

Me being me I might just go float fishing with my pinkies:rolleyes:

Gaston664

Reaction score
I've got a few things I'm keen to do!

I only started fishing last year, and I've got a few "goals".

Firstly I want to get a 20lb+ carp (biggest so far is 11).

Also want to try river fishing for chub!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m hoping we maybe able to fish before the summer has ended. They’ve already been made ready over the long wet winter, a bass rod and a mackerel set up to fish at my favourite beach in Hythe. Want to try float fishing at sea this year too with Garfish the target but anything that swims along would be a bonus and definitely bream, a sea bream that is.

The whip is ready to go rudd fishing on Stonar’s vast water.

The Crystalight rod I bought from Chris is ready for the estate.

The new river season is always eagerly awaited, this year will be no different, especially as I’ve finally found the rod I’ve been searching for over the past few months which should arrive by Friday.

:)

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I think the rivers will be open by then but I'd be happy on any quiet lake just relaxing and appreciating being out again.

I am missing my Perch fishing though, it's coming up to peak time soon as they disperse post-spawning and they seem to defy the circumstances by being in absolute peak condition so I may well play catch up with a bit of that.

As long as I'm still around and out there watching a float, i'll be happy.

steve2

Reaction score
By the time we get back fishing it will be over a year since I last went. I have given up all my clubs so wherever I go and do it will feel like new to me. I think it will be dropshotting on the River Chelmer and I know whereabouts it will be. But Sods Law states the good weather will be over and the river will be in flood.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Like S63, a bit of sea fishing might be my first call, I live on the coast so it's always been the easiest option. A spot of float fishing probably off the jetty having a natter with the passers by, always an education, a cup of coffee in the cafe, a sit in the chair in the sun eating my fish and chips, blimey, I might even say hello to the seagulls and give one of them a chip.
Try float fishing S63, I know you will enjoy it, it's a great way to fish in the sea when the conditions dictate and there are some mackerel and bass about. try alternating with lure and float. Sea bream a possibility, I think last year they seemed to have increased in numbers and it was good year for them.

steve2

Reaction score
I've got a few things I'm keen to do!

I only started fishing last year, and I've got a few "goals".

Firstly I want to get a 20lb+ carp (biggest so far is 11).

Also want to try river fishing for chub!

Only fishing a year and already setting targets, don't do it, it will spoil your fishing.
Biggest 11lbs, that's is a big fish.

John Keane

Reaction score
By the time we get out again I will be wanting to do some waggler fishing with the Harrison GTi Match 12ft spliced tip rod I bought from a mate who owns a tackle shop and the Daiwa Ninja reel I got from Cash Generator for buttons. Or I may use the Shimano Sedona 3500 reel that I got from the same Cash Generator for a similar derisory amount.

rayner

Reaction score
I'm itching to get to paste fishing, it's like a drug to me. Also, I need to use my new rod and reel that I bought for my waggler fishing.
I have a swim picked out so will have to be early to get where I want.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mad rush on every water in the country, anglers aren't used to being starved of their sport.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I will be on a local stretch of the Hampshire Avon as soon as allowed with a Sage #4 rod and reel and a box of dry flies with a few nymphs in a spare box, just in case . . . . .

The river is right opposite to my house but the stretch where I have permission to fish is just a mile away. I am not too bothered if the restrictions last until after "duffers fortnight" as I generally try to avoid that time anyway.

d.owens

Reaction score
I'm itching to get on the Leeds Liverpool Canal. Will be using my 11ft Diawa float rod, fishing light with maggots or worm. My ambition, before all this kicked off, was to explore the canal more. It takes me back to fishing as a kid.
My little girl and myself had also drew up a plan to catch from every park lake covered by our Liverpool City Council permit. I will be using my quiver tip, with a simple feeder or leger rig, looking for decent sized fish, Emily will have the 3m whip out with single maggot or bread.
It's good to have these things to look forward to.

rob48

Reaction score
Hopefully on a steady stretch of river at summer level catching silvers on my Rive r-waggler light 13'.

john step

Reaction score
Depending when that is it will be trotting on the Trent or carping on my local waters. Its fun to catch them on the float.
Some very biggies in there. Come to think of it the tench will also be calling out to me. So much to do and so little time!

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I’ve got two things planned. If the rivers are open then it’s a bit of trotting on the Eden in Kent or the Medway. The other is some trips after catfish which one of my clubs lakes seem to have a good head of. One came out just before the floods at 71lb and there are bigger in there. I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but it’s not a species I have deliberately targeted before.

There’s a chap who used to post on here and also on another site I belonged to. He had what I thought was a particularly good idea for using pastes but in larger sizes than you would usually use. The gist of the idea was that you made a paste out of anything you fancied; Ground up trout pellets, fish meal, liquidised fish, liver or pretty well anything really. The next step would be to obtain a large syringe from a chemists and cut off the needle end. This modified syringe is then filled with the paste and a piece of nylon mesh from a pair of tights placed over the end and secured in place with an elastic band. As the plunger is depressed the mesh fills like a balloon on a balloon pump and is tied off with thread once at the required size. You can nick the hook through the mesh or hair rig it with the tying thread. The paste gradually oozes through the mesh providing a scent trail. I know Mark had a few good barbel on the method but I intend using far bigger baits. A Baldrick like cunning plan. We shall see.

nottskev

Reaction score
It all depends on when we can go....

Tench?

Barbel?

Roach?

Grayling??

The Runner

Reaction score
Assuming its going to be at least late May before can get fishing again, by which time the pollack should be back so it will be a walk out to Rubh' an t-Sailleir just north of Kilmaluag, Fox Prism medium spinning rod and a variety of lures, and Tronixpro XT at the ready with heavy duty gear and a big piece of mackerel for the short window in which can hold bottom there without half a church roofs worth of lead.

rayner

Reaction score
The letter I got telling me I was in a twelve-week lockdown suggests I won't be fishing until the end of June at the earliest.
That's aways supposing my wife recovers to drive me.
Realistically I don't envisage fishing until next year. Of course, I will be ready anytime after my self imprisonment.

mikench

Reaction score
My letter said f*** o** and I'm not a Buffoon.:rolleyes:

I will enjoy pondering location, bait and method even though I am currently committed to light lure fishing but that's just one day, what about the day after and the day after that and the day after that.:rolleyes:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
By the time we get out again I will be wanting to do some waggler fishing with the Harrison GTi Match 12ft spliced tip rod I bought from a mate who owns a tackle shop and the Daiwa Ninja reel I got from Cash Generator for buttons. Or I may use the Shimano Sedona 3500 reel that I got from the same Cash Generator for a similar derisory amount.

Is it the original GTI rod with cork handle and sling reel fittings John. They are a brilliant rod.