Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

I'm sure we are all dreaming of the day when we can go fishing again. I know I am but are you thinking of a particular venue, swim, method etc.

I reckon the close season will be over by then so I plan a trip to a canal ( not done since I was 12) with a light lure rod and micro lures.

Me being me I might just go float fishing with my pinkies

Default Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

I've got a few things I'm keen to do!

I only started fishing last year, and I've got a few "goals".

Firstly I want to get a 20lb+ carp (biggest so far is 11).

Also want to try river fishing for chub!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Smile Re: Where will you go and what Tackle will you use when........

I’m hoping we maybe able to fish before the summer has ended. They’ve already been made ready over the long wet winter, a bass rod and a mackerel set up to fish at my favourite beach in Hythe. Want to try float fishing at sea this year too with Garfish the target but anything that swims along would be a bonus and definitely bream, a sea bream that is.

The whip is ready to go rudd fishing on Stonar’s vast water.

The Crystalight rod I bought from Chris is ready for the estate.

The new river season is always eagerly awaited, this year will be no different, especially as I’ve finally found the rod I’ve been searching for over the past few months which should arrive by Friday.

Last edited by s63; 01-04-2020 at 08:47.

I'm not sure, I think the rivers will be open by then but I'd be happy on any quiet lake just relaxing and appreciating being out again.

I am missing my Perch fishing though, it's coming up to peak time soon as they disperse post-spawning and they seem to defy the circumstances by being in absolute peak condition so I may well play catch up with a bit of that.

As long as I'm still around and out there watching a float, i'll be happy.
    Born to mow... Long grass is our enemy!

By the time we get back fishing it will be over a year since I last went. I have given up all my clubs so wherever I go and do it will feel like new to me. I think it will be dropshotting on the River Chelmer and I know whereabouts it will be. But Sods Law states the good weather will be over and the river will be in flood.

Like S63, a bit of sea fishing might be my first call, I live on the coast so it's always been the easiest option. A spot of float fishing probably off the jetty having a natter with the passers by, always an education, a cup of coffee in the cafe, a sit in the chair in the sun eating my fish and chips, blimey, I might even say hello to the seagulls and give one of them a chip.
    Try float fishing S63, I know you will enjoy it, it's a great way to fish in the sea when the conditions dictate and there are some mackerel and bass about. try alternating with lure and float. Sea bream a possibility, I think last year they seemed to have increased in numbers and it was good year for them.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by Aknib View Post

As long as I'm still around and out there watching a float, i'll be happy.
    Without wishing to sound pessimistic that's pretty much how I feel. I'm making no plans as the timescale is so uncertain. That's assuming I manage to dodge this bloody thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston664 View Post
    I've got a few things I'm keen to do!

I only started fishing last year, and I've got a few "goals".

Firstly I want to get a 20lb+ carp (biggest so far is 11).

Also want to try river fishing for chub!
    Only fishing a year and already setting targets, don't do it, it will spoil your fishing.
    Biggest 11lbs, that's is a big fish.

By the time we get out again I will be wanting to do some waggler fishing with the Harrison GTi Match 12ft spliced tip rod I bought from a mate who owns a tackle shop and the Daiwa Ninja reel I got from Cash Generator for buttons. Or I may use the Shimano Sedona 3500 reel that I got from the same Cash Generator for a similar derisory amount.

Blog Entries

I'm itching to get to paste fishing, it's like a drug to me. Also, I need to use my new rod and reel that I bought for my waggler fishing.
    I have a swim picked out so will have to be early to get where I want.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mad rush on every water in the country, anglers aren't used to being starved of their sport.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast