Banksticks bag

Tree123

Reaction score
So werid question I fish really light i use just a small savage gear over the shoulder sling bag as it helps me stay mobile and jump from swim from swim.

However im looking at a way to carry banksticks other then with rod bands as my bankstick and tend to be quite muddy. And be far easier if i can just clip them to loops of my bag.

Does anyone make a specific bankstick bag that i can put a couple of sticks in or suggest a not fishing product that would do the job.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Try an office supply shop, and see if can get either a map tube or drawing board sized drawings tube, these are slightly padded and have adjustable carry/shoulder strap, I had a few but ended up giving them away

Tree123

Reaction score
All of theese will do the job. Thanka for the suggestions. Stick bag and other tube means i can just tuck it with my rod bands and small tripod bag i can clip to sling bag rucks and rods issues sorted and not need to buy new bag

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Might as well get a korum two or three rod quiver.

John Keane

Reaction score
How about a cheap archery quiver that will go over your shoulder? Loads on Fleabay from a tenner upwards.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am not sure your going light enough and a bit of overkill if it is just mud, a wipe in the grass and maybe a wipe with my cloth if still needed. However, I understand the niceties of having everything in it's place with it's own compartment .
But, lightness is a big thing with me more that I use public transport a lot so anything small and light is an issue but also the weight. I have done the proverbial kitchen sink. Even floats do not escape my lightness regime, 6 floats are all I ever need and no special box for them. If I do not need it they don't go. No spare rod or reel either, I always used the one rod anyway and the reel rarely breaks, I have only had that happen twice in 10 years and that was sea fishing.
One bank stick does me and that is a light one, not a big adjustable thing, just the aluminium 3ft long job. If I need to rest the butt on something it goes on my bag or chair arm or if handy a forked stick found laying around, my knees or lap.
It goes in my bag with barely any weight. if it was just muddy I was worried about I would look to be just having a piece of polythene maybe or maybe a light cotton tea towel and a couple of strips of tape or Velcro to wrap it in which you could still do with two bank-sticks. A tube or bag is still extra weight and something else to carry.
I know it does not seem much but when you add all the unnecessary things up, no matter how light, it does make a difference. It is a regime of mine and would never go back to struggling across muddy fields with a load on my back. I must have carried some things 1000 miles that never saw the light of day.

Last edited:

Tree123

Reaction score
I am not sure your going light enough and a bit of overkill if it is just mud, a wipe in the grass and maybe a wipe with my cloth if still needed. However, I understand the niceties of having everything in it's place with it's own compartment .
But, lightness is a big thing with me more that I use public transport a lot so anything small and light is an issue but also the weight. I have done the proverbial kitchen sink. Even floats do not escape my lightness regime, 6 floats are all I ever need and no special box for them. If I do not need it they don't go. No spare rod or reel either, I always used the one rod anyway and the reel rarely breaks, I have only had that happen twice in 10 years and that was sea fishing.
One bank stick does me and that is a light one, not a big adjustable thing, just the aluminium 3ft long job. If I need to rest the butt on something it goes on my bag or chair arm or if handy a forked stick found laying around, my knees or lap.
It goes in my bag with barely any weight. if it was just muddy I was worried about I would look to be just having a piece of polythene maybe or maybe a light cotton tea towel and a couple of strips of tape or Velcro to wrap it in which you could still do with two bank-sticks. A tube or bag is still extra weight and something else to carry.
I know it does not seem much but when you add all the unnecessary things up, no matter how light, it does make a difference. It is a regime of mine and would never go back to struggling across muddy fields with a load on my back. I must have carried some things 1000 miles that never saw the light of day.

Will have look at archey quiver too. I may be over complicating myself and buying stuff for the sake of it. I could just carry them in a plastic bag that will stop any mud. Getting n my handles and as long as my rod bands are tight they shouldnt damage my handles

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm curious why you can't swill the sticks off in the water, get a handfull of grass and run it along them to remove the mud, or do both?