A challenge to anyone......

marie marling

Reaction score
THIS IS WHY we cant get any thing done because we are to busy fighting among our selves in stead of backing each other up one big trust could get a lot more done than a load of small ones squabbling over who can pee the furthest(not literally)

The bad one

Reaction score
As the Oracle Woodhouse has mentioned my nameand suggest not only on this thread but others, that I make stupid criticisms of him. Here's some more for you

1 Understand Trust Law. Andclearly you don't!

2 When you get your tiny mind around that, then you'll be in a position to make comment about the structure.

3 Your comments about board members potentiallyboarders on the liabelous. You know as a fact that the board members don't, as you put it, have the required accreditation for doing the dirty job that they want to get into?

W

Wolfman Woody

Phil, not only do I say you make "stupid criticisms" I sometime wonder if you're from this planet at times.

1 & 2 - what the hell has "Trust Law" got to do with this issue?

3 - Not only has it been confirmed to me that no one has been appointed with said accreditation, but if anyone from the old groups was so gifted, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now and there'd have been no need to create a new body! The old one with the talent would have taken over years ago. QED!

And just as a last point, why do you believe that anyone makes a criticism about a body or group (not an individual) do you think it's libelous (correct spelling, please note)? You clearly have lost it.

davestocker

Reaction score
Has anyone considered that a lot of the members of the RSPB - paying £35 a pop for annual membership - do little more than enjoy watching the birds in their garden?

Credit crunch notwithstanding, I find it hard to believe that punting £20 a year for a few years on a new organisation pledged to defend the thing we love is generating opposition. How many of us have made fruitless fishing trips costing £20 (travel, bait, permits, accomodationetc) or so, that haven't delivered the catches we've expected? We still keep going. It'sonly £20 forcrissakes....................

Reaction score
I have contacted the moderators on this site and asked for it's removal if possible, the thread is moving away fromthe original thrust and personality's are clashing in an altogether unhelpful and pointless way, I do not wish to be the person responsible for this.

Well said Dave Stocker..........for what it is worth mate.

C

Cakey

The RSPB has over 100 reserves for me to visit................................................

The bad one

Reaction score
Further to the above, the Angling Trust has a Members Board. That board is made up of the Headsof the organisations who formed it in the interim.

Those board members are not paid they do it on a voluntary basis, but will probably get traveling expenses and meal allowances when on board business.

The board set the strategic policies of the direction of the Trust.

Theyhave appointed a Chief Executive Officer(paid professional) Mark Llyod (Mark was the CEO of ACA) to run the Trust on a day-to-day basis.

Mark the CEO will be responsible for appointing other paidProfessionals (lobbyists, etc) as the funds through membership become available. He will also be responsible for otherpaid staff, secretaries admin workers and the like. Mark for the time being is handling the PR stuff it would seem. Put simply he is the paidGeneral Manager of the Trust

Board members will have to stand for election in the future by the law the land that governs the Trust. As with all companies they can be removed by the shareholders, or in the Trust's case the members.

So if you don't like what they are doing on your behalf as member, and only members will be able to vote on their removal, you can vote them out at the AGM.

That's the way the AT is set up, so for you to have a say in any of it's running, the only way you can do that is to join it.

Beecy

Reaction score
20 quid is 20 quid, and if you cant see what you will get back from it you wont spend it.

most will take the opinion " ive been fishing for XXX number of years, never had a problem, never needed to be in any organisation, why do i need to join one now "

Most agree that the EA do a decent job, but we only buy a license because its compulsory. Make it voluntary and then see how many licenses get sold

The bad one

Reaction score
"Not only has it been confirmed to me that no one has been appointed with said accreditation, but if anyone from the old groups was so gifted, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now and there'd have been no need to create a new body! The old one with the talent would have taken over years ago. QED!"

I challenge you to say who has confirmed this to you ?

Trust Law is the clue in the title of ANGLING TRUST. Stupid!

C

Cakey

and that £20 is after buying 2x rod licences plus day/season/syndicate ticket

dont need either to bird watch !

NIGE K

Reaction score
the money should be added to rod licences but only a couple of quid not £20 and as cakey said birdwatchers dont need a licence they can do it free we pay for a licence to do something we love we shouldn,t be asked to pay twice.

davestocker

Reaction score
For info. membership cost of other campaigning/representative bodies

British Ass. Shooting Conservation £62Countryside Alliance £52

Ramblers Association £27National Trust £46

Badger Trust £24

Wild Trout Trust £35

Council Protection Rural England £29RSPB £35

Quiver man

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>The RSPB has over 100 reserves for me to visit................................................
</blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Dave Stocker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Has anyone considered that a lot of the members of the RSPB - paying £35 a pop for annual membership - do little more than enjoy watching the birds in their garden?

Credit crunch notwithstanding, I find it hard to believe that punting £20 a year for a few years on a new organisation pledged to defend the thing we love is generating opposition. How many of us have made fruitless fishing trips costing £20 (travel, bait, permits, accomodationetc) or so, that haven't delivered the catches we've expected? We still keep going. It'sonly £20 forcrissakes....................</blockquote>

The bloody quote thingy has done it the wrong way round butboth are excellent points.

I'd like to see the AT, which you dont have to join, become a rival / partner / equalof the RSPB in terms members and infuence at a government level. What I'd also like to see in the fullness of time is the equivilent of reserves ie commercials that dont loook like commercials or a centre near a river etc etc where members can fish for free and non-members can at least learn. Perhaps also in the fullness of time non-anglers will join with half an eye on conservation which I'm sure makes up a sizeable percentage in the RSPB membership.

Yet part of me thinks we're a bit late. Club waters, commercials are going to start coming up for grabs at bargain prices as the recession kicks in (tackle shops are shuttingincluding a "biggie" like brundall angling has closed down on all accounts) and the RSPB or golf courses (or who ever really) will be looking at land for peanuts. Think of Burton Mere only in greater numbers, sold not to the highest bidder but the only bidder.

Now we can still fish canals, free stretches of river etc but thats if there are fish left in them. Im looking at reports of 3.2million unemployed by the end of next year. Do you think it will be just Eastern Europeans stealing fish for the table ?

So yes, I'm giving it a go. If others dont want to I'm not for a second going to slate them for it, for the same reasons I wouldnt want to get slated as not being a "true angler" if I want a live bait ban (something the AT and I may disagree on). I'm not going to bully them into either.

Again I ask, cant we all just get along ?!?!?!?!?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifhttp://mailto:RButt@midchesh.ac.uk

The bad one

Reaction score
Here's what the AT will take on for ALL anglers.
Angling_Trust.jpeg

Quiver man

Reaction score
Its honest I'll say that. The middle section, as far as I'm aware, is being done already (by and largeto an OK standardbut i'll stand corrected if needs be) and the rest is, whilenot exactly pie in the sky, hard to quantify. Control nusience predators. What kill tarka /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif???? Most of the bottom section is basically trying to influence government on some pretty big issues - something no pressure group can do on its own. Top bit, while noble is a bit wishy-washy. Anything on the idea of reserves or am I jumping the gun a bit ?

I'd still join but I'm not sure if you've put it up to convince or desuade (alot of your posts seem to bea set to with other people whose views I dont understand either - sorry !!)

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok Bob; Here,s a question for you.

What is this new Trust going to do for the course angler in Scotland ?.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"I have contacted the moderators on this site and asked for it's removal if possible"

Having been alerted to this comment by another moderator, and being one myself, I have no record of this request Mr. Bradford.

If you hit the 'report thread to moderator' button, we all get advised.

Dave,

For information, the S&TA Individual membership is just ?40.00 and they base their campaigns on sound science rather than sheer weight of (imagined) numbers of anglers.

Reaction score
I made the request to get this thread deleted, I hit the button and typed out my reasons wishing for it's removal, I have no idea what happens after , or where it went, clearly it ain't working,, and as you are a moderator, younow know anyway, soyou can remove this thread , if you want to knowmy reasons you can e-mail me ......or not, either way I do not care.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Ok Bob; Here,s a question for you.

What is this new Trust going to do for the course angler in Scotland ?.</blockquote>

Laney

Reaction score
i do most of my fishing out of country, so what would i get for my £20?? and when i am fishing in the uk, i always enjoy myself and have'nt felt the need to be represented by anybody!

so got a good reason for me to part with my money????