Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

I am throwing down a challenge to anyone that feels they can achieve it, the challenge is simple ;

Make a good ,reasoned case why anglers should NOT join the new Angling Trust , please use logic and sound argument , not opinions or speculative thoughts.

P.S "Because you do not choose to" is not a convincing reason, the floor is yours.

I agree that a body such as the Angling Trust needs to be formed, and have no disagreement with the legal side, which stems from the excellent ACA.

Where my reticence comes from is in the lack of information regarding the people who will be running the Angling Trust. Who are they? What are their credentials? Have they a record of success in this area? I have searched their website and can find no details.

Personally if my money is ostensibly going to be contributing to their wages, I would like to have some confidence that this is not going to be just another Pseudo Quango. Plush offices & top of the line equipment do not necessarily make a successful organisation.

Personally I found the available information a little "thin" and would have preferred something more substantive. Having the right voice is more important than just having a voice.

Fred Bonney Guest

Couldn't agree more Gary.

Although I have joined, it is probation period as far as I am concerned until October 2010

Then we shall see, if not before.

So, my warning to the Angling Trust is,before you set yourselves up in the Ivory Tower, show that you are worth it.

If and why a person does or does not join an organisation is private and though some may give their answers and it happens to be 'no' what then eh! do they immediately come under fire because you and others think they should?

I think the subject is best dropped and left to each indivdual to make up his or her mind and maybe if this project gets off the ground the doubters may then change their minds - or not, as the case may be.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Cakey Guest

threads like this really really **** me off.............................

Tony Rocca Guest

Because there are far more important things in life than spending £20 on a bunch of self appointed folks who think they can say that they represent ALL anglers.

And, no one has convinced me that angling needs such a body...... its a bleedin hobby for chrisake

Good work in the past from the ACA,......... Fish legal is just an insurance policy.

Finally, blokes like you Bob, who think they are righteouss in startingsuch threads.

What i don't get is why, when people are members of such organisations they then have to show the letters after thier name as though its some sort of qualification that sets them aside from the rest of us?

Hmmmm

In one of my surprisingly more lucid moments a while ago, I wrote this piece:

NUBA

Not another posh restaurant in London, but yet another organisation thought up and designed to unite all of us anglers together, there'll be a stampede to join, I don't doubt. No one asked me what I want, but I'm going to tell you anyway. I want to pay one subscription per year of £50 for a Fishing Permit that runs for twelve months from the day I buy it.

Let's assume one million anglers pay up, the resultant funding of &pound;50m would be allocated as follows: <ul>[*]The organisation that collects the money pays the EA the &pound;24 to cover my Rod Licence, those amounts collected are paid over, say quarterly. - &pound;24m[*]&pound;2 per FP goes to the ACA. - &pound;2m.[*]&pound;4 per FP goes into admin costs - &pound;4m.[*]&pound;3 per FP goes into a fighting fund to raise the profile of angling until holders of the FP are given as much clout in the media as organisations such as the RSPB and RSPCA. - &pound;3m.[*]&pound;3 per FP goes towards funding to encourage youngsters into the sport - &pound;3m.[*]&pound;7 per FP to be made available as grants for improving access to fisheries, additional car parking and toilet facilities and bank clearance schemes - &pound;7m[*]&pound;7 per FP is made available as funding to clubs who will make their day ticket waters available to FP holders - &pound;7m[/list]

Still think it makes sense. and I would join an organisation like this is a flash, but is it where AT is going.......?
    Still not sure what's going on

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Beecy (RAC) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

What i don't get is why, when people are members of such organisations they then have to show the letters after thier name as though its some sort of qualification that sets them aside from the rest of us?</blockquote>
    Hence the reason why I like people to know I can swim 100 meters in my pjs

ahh, but thats different Trev !

yours is a real achievment and one you have every right to boast and feel proud of. Youve got off your arse and done something, not just filled out a form and wrote a cheque

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast