Spare part for rod repair

Reaction score
Hi, I have been asked by a mate to have a look at repairing a rod for him - Hardy Marksman XT 11ft float rod

It's in a real mess, the butt section got closed in a car boot and has broken completely (splintered) about 15cm (6in) from the joint. The broken piece, including the male ferrule, has been lost.
So, what I need is either a complete butt section, even if damaged, or a cut-out section of rod from the joint (ferrule) back to the butt ring.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards, Peter

lakhyaman

Reaction score
Ask your local tackle shop (or do it yourself directly) to get in touch with Hardy's. I broke a section of a Hardy Marksman Supero Specimen rod not so long ago and the tackle shop I bought it from got me a replacement from Hardy's in no time.

All the best

Lakhyaman

John Keane

Reaction score
Hardy’s, like Shakespeare, are now owned by Pure Fishing. In 2018 I snapped my Shakespeare Scandi salmon rod trying to net a fish. A mate gave me the number of a firm called K.P. Spares and I got a new section from them for around £30.
They may do Hardy sections 01527 854756
Failing that Garry Mills of Mill Tackle may know where you could source one he refurbishes Hardy Reels and may be in the know about their rods 01527 853438

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, many thanks for the replies. As a disabled person I am considered high-risk from Covid-19 and am effectively house-bound for the next 10 weeks, to help alleviate the boredom I have undertaken a number of rod repair and rebuild jobs both for myself and friends (this job is for one such friend). I work to what I would describe as a good amateur standard.
I can get a complete new butt from Hardy's for £50 but I am doing these jobs at no cost to my friends so was seeking a spare spigot from a damaged butt section that I can splice into the existing butt section. (I am quite prepared to cover the cost of rod rings, whipping thread, varnish, glue etc but £50 is going a bit too far). Thanks, Peter

mikench

Reaction score
Hi, many thanks for the replies. As a disabled person I am considered high-risk from Covid-19 and am effectively house-bound for the next 10 weeks, to help alleviate the boredom I have undertaken a number of rod repair and rebuild jobs both for myself and friends (this job is for one such friend). I work to what I would describe as a good amateur standard.
I can get a complete new butt from Hardy's for £50 but I am doing these jobs at no cost to my friends so was seeking a spare spigot from a damaged butt section that I can splice into the existing butt section. (I am quite prepared to cover the cost of rod rings, whipping thread, varnish, glue etc but £50 is going a bit too far). Thanks, Peter

Say all of the above to Hardy's and see what they can offer. You never know.