Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Supporting local tackle shop

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    I am looking forward to tackle shops opening again. Making pole rigs and have more floats than winders.
    How do you do it, Mark? I love pole fishing but making rigs is a purgatory. I end up with plenty, but I couldn't do it now - I have to be lined up to go somewhere soon to face fiddling with all the tiny bits and pieces.

Thinking about it, I've been lucky to always have good tackle shops nearby. When I moved back to Chester in 1991, a chap in the next street had just taken redundancy and opened a small corner tackle shop. He was a bit light on knowledge of the tackle scene at first, and a few of us early regulars helped him set up a good, if necessarily smallish, selection of gear. It seems to have been easier back then for even a small dealer to get accounts from top brands like Daiwa, and I still use some of the rods I bought from the shop. I had a tackle shop run by a friend 3 minutes walk away for the next 10 years, and things like that influence my take on the likes of AD

This scenario could be replicated and on a cooperative basis Kev. The number and timbre of our members could make it work. Count me in.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

These are canal rigs Kev, I have done some already, I am going through what floats I have and getting what I can done, then the trays will be stacked in a container. Considering the cost of Drennan and Preston Innovations ready made rigs, I can save a lot of money by doing my own.
    I use a dosapiombio to shot them, I have a few floats in the same pattern and shot weight , so I do one with dosapiombio, then shot the others accordingly, may need to fine tune on the bank.
    Last edited by markcw; 10-04-2020 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    This scenario could be replicated and on a cooperative basis Kev. The number and timbre of our members could make it work. Count me in.
    You'd have been a welcome customer, Mike - no doubt about that

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234