A silly thread

mikench

Reaction score
So Boris, who thankfully has recovered, is so impressed with the posts on this forum to try and cope with the lockdown, offers to buy you whatever you fancy for fishing, rod or reel , it's your choice.

What would it be ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think Boris has been terribly impressed with your earlier posts Mike. No reel or rod for you sadly, but assuming you have one he will offer you the conserve a Tory package.
:)

nottskev

Reaction score
I'd report the strange man saying he's got a present for me.

mikench

Reaction score
I never said I expected something and I know he wouldn't give me spit but I have said Aknib deserves a Hexagraph for his attention to detail on manicured greens.

The name of the thread is a clue.

d.owens

Reaction score
I would ask if I could use him for live bait on a Tiger Shark fishing trip to the Bahamas.

wetthrough

Reaction score
A 13/15' rod but I wouldn't know what would fit the bill. There are odd occasions where a 15' rod would be useful but I don't want to be carting another rod/tube around. The Garbolino Altima light match 13' suits me fine. If it could extend to 15' it would do, even if it wasn't the perfect 15'. Personal delivery not necessary...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Boris has connections, I’ll have the Black Rod.

lambert1

Reaction score
I would have to push him really hard to confirm how much would be available and when.:wh

nottskev

Reaction score
A 13/15' rod but I wouldn't know what would fit the bill. There are odd occasions where a 15' rod would be useful but I don't want to be carting another rod/tube around. The Garbolino Altima light match 13' suits me fine. If it could extend to 15' it would do, even if it wasn't the perfect 15'. Personal delivery not necessary...

Never heard of the rod - but I like Garbolino stuff. I'm interested in the tube, though.

I too hate carrying tubes. They convert flyweight rods into hefty lumps and bulging holdalls.

You can save weight and get more rods to the bank by getting some bigger tubes and fitting more rods in.

Standard tubes are about 6cm diameter. You can get them in 8cm. I can get one rod in a 6cm; up to three (if one is a tip rod with the fragile tip stored separately and you fit it in upside down soixante-neuf style to make room for the handles). Obviously, you slide them in and take them out all at once.

Carrying 2 or 3 tubes doubles or trebles the weight. The difference in surface area from 6cm to 8cm is only 35% so you get the room without the weight.

I can honestly say I've never damaged a rod in any way, but I have replaced the odd bulky rod bag with something that fills up less of the tube.

Does that not get some award for a nerdy reply to a post?

Aknib

Reaction score
My 'item' would be a set of Hexagraphs, in the 1, 1.25 & 1.5lb tc's.

What the hell, he's clearly in a good mood and if you don't ask you don't get :)

Reaction score
Cant think of anything,apart from release from our present imprisonment...

Last edited:

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I'd gladly accept a mint-condition Hardy Perfection Roach, as long as I wasn't ever expected to vote for him...

flightliner

Reaction score
Maybe a matching pair of Cadence continental type feeder rods for the long chuck on big waters, gravel pits etc , oh, and they be personally autographed by him!

rich66

Reaction score
Daiwa Arity pole or top end Tri Cast pole
Buy British made

Buy British

I don’t know enough about the handmade rod makers of this country, but I’d ask for a 13 foot float/match rod hand built by a British firm. My favourite length of rod and my normal go to type so I’d get the use out of it. Latest technology not old school cane.

nottskev

Reaction score
Anglers' dreams! A new rod. :)

Reminds me of the old one about the Irishman and the magic lamp. Rubs the lamp, genie appears, three wishes etc. The Irishman asks for an everlasting bottle of Guinness, drinks some, finds it's still full.

And for your next wish? I'll have another one of those.

rayner

Reaction score
The last time I needed a rod I really couldn't do without was a Milbro Enterprise 13 ft. That was when I was 14.
Boris has nothing I want especially not a rod.
He should give his tribute to care homes in PPE I want nothing from anyone.