Bucket carryall

Tree123

Reaction score
Looking to invest in a buclet carryall that i can use as seat as always looking to travel as easy as i can but do want to seat down at a swim sometimes

Seen a saber one for £20 and ive had the gear before but it just says that an 18l bucket will fit in it. But all buckets are not equal and not all the same dimensions

The ridge moneky seat is mad money as it like 50 quid for the bucket and chair thing they sell
In an ideal would wpuld be good if the bucket had a tray in it. Any suggestions?

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
I’ve been using these rucksack seats for roving and stalking sessions for a few years.
SHAKESPEARE DELUXE FOLDING CHAIR WITH RUCKSACK BAG GAME FISHING SEAT 1154489 43388221544 | eBay They’re not super comfy but ok for an hour or so. The seat back gives up the ghost after a couple of years but then you get left with a stool and when the stool gives up you’ve still got the rucksack. The price seems to have gone up,I’m sure the last I bought was under 20 quid 3 years ago. The bag part is a good size and can take a small bucket or large Tupperware type container, there are three external pockets for scales,float tubes etc. Overall one of the most useful pieces of kit I’ve ever bought, I’ve used mine a lot when stalking/roving for carp, brilliant for social distancing as the bivvy boys don’t want to be seen talking to an obvious noddy! But don’t fall off a bicycle and land on a tree trunk while it’s on your back..... 4 broken ribs 2 weeks in hospital, 8 off work, a stolen bike, stalking rod and reel!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tree123

Reaction score
I have seen theese things on ebay and did wonder.. what they were like. I dont really stay in a swim for to long but sure a bucket isnt the most comfortable thing to sit on

Philip

Reaction score
I recently watched a video with Terry Lampard he just used a Large plastic bucket on its own....plonked all his bait and tackle bits into it and sat on that. He made the point that is was also useful to get over awkward fences as he could stand on it like a step.

I know what you mean about a tray...you could probably create one easy enough with a circular bit of plastic and glue some sort of little Shelf/seating points inside the bucket ...3 or 4 round the inside perimeter for the tray to sit on at the height you want.

ian g

Reaction score
Saw the same video myself , I think he used his unhooking mat as well for a bit of comfort .

rich66

Reaction score
“ Lampards way with chub” on YouTube
He just uses a bucket with a lid and an unhooking mat, well worth watching.
Perhaps that’s the answer buy a good bucket and lid, even make yourself a cushion seat. ? Even spray it camo if desired.

Tree123

Reaction score
Yeah i just watched that the other day. Ill be getting a new unhooking mat next month and i have an old ngt one. That i can cut down and glue to the lid Sorted. I didnt need the extra pockets on the carryall just something to stop me getting a numb backside.

I need the tray as i use it putting a bait pump on and bait tub or two.

Just need decent tall bucket to use.

Last edited:

ian g

Reaction score
I'd have a look on line , wouldn't look specifically for fishing bucket , a bucket is a bucket.

lakhyaman

Reaction score