I treated myself!

Aknib

Reaction score
I know, I wasn't going to do this until we were out of the woods with all this business that's going on but this came up and I took a punt on it.

It's probably not everyone's cup of tea but I loved it as soon as I clapped eyes on it, it's a signed oil on canvass by angler and artist Karen Sarkar...

I can't put my finger on it but there's just something about it, I can't wait until it arrives! :)

sylvanillo

Reaction score
It's not my cup of tea, but I find it super cool, especially because the perch is my preferred fish.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I like it, I think it is full of movement, even the weeds, that's the something about it for me; it is eye catching.

lambert1

Reaction score
Reminds me of the wonderful paintings they used to have on the back of The Angling Times in the 60s and 70s. Stirs the imagination much more than photos.

mikench

Reaction score
Become powerful you have, the dark side in you I sense. Hmm.

Happy Star Wars day. Treat myself I am but what no not I.

Aknib

Reaction score
I had a delivery today and I have to say it's exceeded my expectations by some distance, it looks far better in the flesh.

I'll have to decide on somewhere more permanent to put it but it'll do for now :)

****y 123's started me off on this frame business though, I reckon a traditional dark mahogany roll edged frame, a bit like half of an old mantelpiece clock type of shape, with anti-glare glass would look very nice.

Can I sue him for the cost being as it was him who put the idea in my head?

flightliner

Reaction score
Nice painting Steve. Never seen one of a Perch before where the roughness of their scales come across like it does in yours, I'm impressed !

Aknib

Reaction score
I'll obviously need to take the painting in with me to have it framed Skip and would ask to see the various glass types overlaid before making a decision but thanks for the heads up, I have little experience of these things.

Is there a particular reason for the wariness of anti-glare glass?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'll obviously need to take the painting in with me to have it framed Skip and would ask to see the various glass types overlaid before making a decision but thanks for the heads up, I have little experience of these things.

Is there a particular reason for the wariness of anti-glare glass?

Looks misted up to me but take it in and see what you like. I made a display case thing for the BFs 60th using a picture frame with anti glare glass and had to take it back...looked awful. Fortunately I realised before I'd gone too far. Bog standard glass looked much, much better.

But I dare say ag glass can vary like most things. I might have bought really poor quality stuff.