Progold monofilament

ian g

Reaction score
I did something similar Mike , though I think it might be coming from China after receiving an email yesterday .No big issue as I was sticking up really

mikench

Reaction score
Likewise Ian. I have lots of 5.4 and 6 lb and some 4.4 ( thanks to S63) so with those ordered I should be set for life. The price was fine and the hooks were cheaper too. I had a look at their reel prices which looked very reasonable.

I paid on PayPal so am protected.

If anybody needs some let me know.

chevin4

Reaction score
Ah,I travel through to fish a club lake just outside Stevenage for crucians.

Its many years since I last fished for Crucians there used to be a small pond near the Redcoats pub in Stevenage which was full of them although a 2lb pkus fish was rare.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Likewise Ian. I have lots of 5.4 and 6 lb and some 4.4 ( thanks to S63) so with those ordered I should be set for life. The price was fine and the hooks were cheaper too. I had a look at their reel prices which looked very reasonable.

I paid on PayPal so am protected.

If anybody needs some let me know.

I had a look at their reels. Ridiculously good prices on some. I dont need any more reels but at these prices I might have to.

Never heard of this lot. Are they kosher ?

dicky123

Reaction score
I don't understand this product. It's popular and highly rated but almost impossible to get hold of.

I like it including the colour and have some in varying bs. I thought I would buy some 8lb but can only find it in 5,000m lengths. Who would buy mono in such lengths? I won't so will get some sensor.

I have spools 3.5lb and the 4.7lb range it's strong and floats really well. It is slightly thick, but reading the label it's underrated in its breaking strain. If I could get it in 2.5lb (so really around 3lb) it would be the ideal stick float line, and the 4.7 for light feeder work on commercials.

bencarvosso

Reaction score
Thanks .
Hope it all goes well for you.
I didn't see any option for PayPal on it

mikench

Reaction score
Thanks .
Hope it all goes well for you.
I didn't see any option for PayPal on it

It's only apparent after you have opened an account and gone to checkout. I have definitely paid in US $ on PayPal. I think the site is in Hong Kong and we shall see if it is genuine or not.

bencarvosso

Reaction score
Did they give you a est date of delivery.
If legit some serious deals.
Fish finders that are 600 for under 100
Baitboat 82
Tdrs 82 quid
Acolyte 82 quid
Could make a serious dent in my pocket lol

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
No but goods are shipped( my guess from Hong Kong) within 3 to 5 working days. I seriously suggest you only buy if paid for with PayPal and that you wait until I receive my order and can confirm all is in order. I was tempted by a couple of reels and an Acolyte landing net pole but resisted.

I have only come unstuck twice ordering from the US and the Far East and on each occasion I received a full refund from PayPal.

Some of the prices do look too good to be true. They are priced in £'s but converted to US dollars at a poor exchange rate(1.19) in my case. I am usually wary but it was £34 I spent which isn't a great deal to risk. It's not Bitcoin:rolleyes:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
It's only apparent after you have opened an account and gone to checkout. I have definitely paid in US $ on PayPal. I think the site is in Hong Kong and we shall see if it is genuine or not.

If its not then we know who to blame dont we....Jerry !

And...if its being shipped from outside the EU then it will be liable for import duty and VAT so you can add 20% min. Good time to smuggle though.

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
If its not then we know who to blame dont we....Jerry !

Cheers Skip - hope you're next encounter once fishing commences is the infamous Red Shorts with the POD in full voice in the next swim....................;)

At least Pro-Gold is one of the few lines still made in Japan.....

Reaction score
Its many years since I last fished for Crucians there used to be a small pond near the Redcoats pub in Stevenage which was full of them although a 2lb pkus fish was rare.

Don't know that pub,fish to over two where I go,but not many,most average 1-4ish...

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Cheers Skip - hope you're next encounter once fishing commences is the infamous Red Shorts with the POD in full voice in the next swim....................;)

The horror ! I felt sorry for RS when Intertype lost SP. He could walk there but without transport I can’t think where else he could get to. I doubt POD is still with us but you never know.

I don’t miss either.....and have you ever used this random site or was it a fluke find ?