Progold monofilament

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
When I was trying to find details of a Daiwa pole for chrishh I came across a fishing tackle site called Waveinn.com it's based abroad. some of the prices similar to UK but others cheaper ,plus some of the major brands stuff that unavailable here is available on website.

bencarvosso

Reaction score
I just ordered reels from waveinn, a pair of emcast br lt.... they were doing a deal 75euro each which was a great price.
Hopefully they arrive safe and sound

Keith M

Reaction score
I bought a reel from wavein a few months ago and although they delivered the reel ok, and it was fine; I have been constantly bombarded with emails advertising their goods ever since, even when I blacklisted them in my emails so beware. :(

Keith

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
My Emcast BR LT 4000 came this morning and it's a beaut. Came from Holland so no duties and £30 cheaper than here even posted. It even had tracking from the NL service to Royal Mail and then to me. Excellent service. I await the mono but it will be a couple of weeks yet I reckon.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
On the strength of that I think I'll take a chance on a couple of bits which are roughly half the cheapest price I can find in the UK. I am loathe to spend a lot in case it goes Pete Tong but I'm prepared to have 35 nickers worth.

mikench

Reaction score
Pay by Paypal or credit card and you'll have either the PayPal guarantee or protection under S75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

I have found Waveinn to be very reliable. The progold is from an entirely different source.

bencarvosso

Reaction score
My Emcast BR LT 4000 came this morning and it's a beaut. Came from Holland so no duties and £30 cheaper than here even posted. It even had tracking from the NL service to Royal Mail and then to me. Excellent service. I await the mono but it will be a couple of weeks yet I reckon.

Delighted it arrived and youre happy it..
I ordered 2 of the 5000 size for my tench and bream rods.
Heard they are good reels apart from the line clip
Mine are in Belgium from 9pm tonight so prob Monday before they arrive

mikench

Reaction score
The line clip is plastic but shaped like the badge on supermans chest. Time wîll tell. It's certainly small and light for a 4000.

bencarvosso

Reaction score
The line clip is plastic but shaped like the badge on supermans chest. Time wîll tell. It's certainly small and light for a 4000.

Well the reels finally arrived. They are nice but measured against my xt4000fa they are actually smaller, although the spool May be deeper and hold more line.
The 5000 also doesn't have a super man clip but more a rectangle one, but I'm not overly enthused with that.
Ill give them a work out on Saturday. Have them on a 1.75 11ft gtis. They are nicely balanced
Hopefully get to test the clutch. .
Service with waveinn was good....

mikench

Reaction score
The line clip is poor for a reel of this quality. Have yet to catch a fish with it so the jury is out.

Aknib

Reaction score
They're good, robust reels.

Nice drag for the money, decent baitrunner facility but yes, the line clip is awful.

Bloody sharp too, I simply won't use the clip. Someone did a reasonably cheap line clip replacement but I can't recall who, maybe someone will post up the tackle shop which did and hopefully still does this?

It's a shame really as the line clip is the only thing that lets them down, I'd go as far as to say it's unfit for purpose considering the damage it can do to your line.

mikench

Reaction score
This is the new model Steve and the line clip is , if anything worse.i saw an article about using power gum as a clip. I'll have a look for it.

From an FM thread in 2007 and using a bait band instead of power gum.

I would try Jims Advice, I use a bait band, all you need to do is lay the line on top of band and then pull the band back though itself and clip up with the band.

The bait band works better because it is not as tough as power gum or pole elastic, so if you get a runaway carp the band will give way leaving you to play the fish.

Just make sure to mark your line with permanent ink at the point where you have banded so you know where to re-clip.

Here's a link to using power gum/ marker elastic before spooling.

power gum as a line clip - Google Search

Shouldn't manufacturers do it right in the first place.

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
Now I use bank sticks to get my measure. Make your cast, measure it on the bank sticks and away you go.
You still have to flick the line from behind the clip. It's easy to get back to your mark, just remeasure it takes only minutes to get the exact measure.
Pick the way you prefer, there are plenty of choices.

mikench

Reaction score
Just an update on that website I bought the Progold from. It's two weeks today since I did and I have heard nothing. I gave them a week or 5 working days and have since sought an update by email on at least 3 occasions.

I suspect I will be claiming my money back from PayPal next week. I wouldn't make any orders but will report back finally next week.

ian g

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything since an email on 10th May with a tracking number saying expect delivery in 15 to 25 working days . I will wait and see how you go on Mike , did you get a tracking number?

mikench

Reaction score
Apart from an initial acknowledgement from them and similar from PayPal, I have heard nothing Ian. I am dubious but will give them more time . I’m not optimistic . No tracking no , nothing.

ian g

Reaction score
I'll give it a while . I don't need the line until the river season starts and Paypal are pretty good so I'm not to worried about getting a refund . I asked about the tracking number to see if they were the same . I got an order acknowledgement on the 8th , then a tracking number on the 10th saying to allow 15 to 25 working days . I put the tracking number in and it show the item as dispatched on 11th May . I'll give it a couple of weeks and see if it turns up.