Cheap(ish) polarised sunglasses for kids?

Another Dave

Reaction score
I've got a lovely pair of Fortis Switch for fish spotting but need some for my girls. We've been throwing bread in the river on our walks recently and the chub are starting to rise nicely, but one pair between the 3 of us isn't cutting it. There's no way I'm forking out anything approaching proper money for something that will just get sat on, and the youngest has a tiny head anyway. So my question is, what's the best cheap option and has any of you bought this kind of thing for their kids?

xenon

Reaction score
found some on google for about 12 quid-cannot link to them unfortunately

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Decathlon used to do a cheap pair for about £15 that worked ok and were also in a bendable plastic that survived being sat on. However they do tend to change the models alot.

i seem to recall reading on here that it was Aldi or Lidl did some in the past but I am a bit out of touch with them now...someone may remember.

Aknib

Reaction score
i seem to recall reading on here that it was Aldi or Lidl did some in the past but I am a bit out of touch with them now...someone may remember.

Yes they did and they were extremely good, I'd be surprised if they don't have them in or are about to be getting them in.

I'm clumsy with sunglasses so they suited me fine, ridiculously cheap at £3.99 a pair and they worked extremely well too with good polarising effect, I still have a pair in my car.

Not sure if they ever did smaller sizes or, for such little money, whether they could be modified in some way to fit a smaller head just for the purpose they are intended for?

Philip

Reaction score
Yes they did and they were extremely good, I'd be surprised if they don't have them in or are about to be getting them in.

Good to know. I heard they were good. If they make a reappearance if some kind soul could either post on here or drop me a PM that would be much appreciated as I would probably try & buy a few pairs myself.

mikench

Reaction score
Dave i bought a pair of fox sunglasses but with my eyes I needed prescription lenses which I now wear all the time. You can have these if you want free as I'll never use them. Pm your details and I'll send them.

EBay do cheap clip on lenses if either of your kids wear glasses which might be ok. I bought a few of these but never wore them. I'll throw in a pair if I can find them. I'm slowly decluttering.

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
The likes of Fox, ESP etc all seem to do them for £10-15. I have a pair of ESPs that I keep as back up, they aren’t as good as the rather more expensive Oakley’s I have but they’re not rubbish.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Dave i bought a pair of fox sunglasses but with my eyes I needed prescription lenses which I now wear all the time. You can have these if you want free as I'll never use them. Pm your details and I'll send them.

EBay do cheap clip on lenses if either of your kids wear glasses which might be ok. I bought a few of these but never wore them. I'll throw in a pair if I can find them. I'm slowly decluttering.

That's incredibly generous of you mate, I will take you up on that. Many thanks!