Boris speach. . . Soooooo can we go fishing ??? Eerrrmmmm !!!

mikench

Reaction score
In a word no. I thought the speech was as clear as mud on what is allowed as exercise and what other activities are to be resumed.

It hopefully will become clearer today. Whilst I can't wait to go I will await the official clearance from my clubs and a formal reopening of all waters before I do. We will still have to use common sense and adopt social distancing so a few venues may just be a little too packed for me.

mikench

Reaction score
I remain bemused( putting it mildly) at what was the point of the PM's message to the nation last night. It was watched eagerly by 22 million. It was typical obfuscation and merely served to confuse everyone who watched or listened.

Amidst all the media speculation and discussion I remain little the wiser. Raab says one thing but the PM's office contradicts him. A 50 page explanation is to follow this afternoon and a further broadcast is scheduled for this evening. Surely someone would have advised Boris of the further chaos and concern he was about to create by his muddle of a speech but seemingly not.

We must be the laughing stock of the world. A speech which requires a 50 page explanation is an abomination and unworthy of delivery.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
It might have worked better the other way round ie issue the 50 page document and then go on tv to clarify the areas which people/businesses say arent clear enough.

Like " Stay Alert" which is not a phrase in common use and nobody knows what it really means. Its the sort of thing officers say to squaddies on guard duty.

I would have thought something like " Take care " or " Be careful" would have been better. Everyone knows what that means.

John Keane

Reaction score
Who’s for a spot of breakfast?

6-B898488-DD11-4-F12-B772-448-DEA8-C19-E4.jpg