Angling Trust calls on MPs to vote for angling

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Mark Lloyd, chief executive of the Angling Trust said: “we are calling on all anglers to write to their MP asking them to vote for angling and sign up to these EDMs.”

See Press Release

Red Army

Reaction score
Well last summer I wrote to my MP to seek his support Martin Salter's amendment to the motion on river acces to non-powered craft and I replied he would/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif. So I'll happily write to him again. Doesn't cost to try anyway /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

And it is Brussels who will ecventually put an end to angling.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
4 million Angler's???

according to the AT the government was happy to be dealing with one group, so why didn't the AT get them to sign up before. Anybody know?

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Signed

Not sure when this petition was started but there are 1768 signatories now. By december 2009 I doubt if that will have reached anywhere near the 90,000 mark.

The major problem, as with any angling related problem/legislation, is that of the 4 million anglers that are supposed to be out there I would guess that less than 1 million ever read the angling press or are involved in any way with sites like ours.

With a turnout of only 61% for something as important as a general election, we can only hope that 10% of that less than 1 million anglers will get involved with this issue. Unfortunately, like all things EU related, the majority of anglers will only know about this when they can't go fishing any more /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have never known there to be 4 Million Angler's, 60's maybe, but not since then, and without doubt not now. False information

InteraX

Reaction score
One minor ppoint guys....

The EU are voting on this in April according to the Express. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/80779/Now-sea-anglers-to-face-EU-fish-quotas

The petition is scheduled to close in December. This strikes me as rediculous. Someone really didn't think when setting up the petition. Will any notice of this be taken before the vote?