Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

This may have been talked about before.

It seem's now that many artical's written have water temperature and Airpreesure in them. There are those who like to use this method, and those that don't.

I don't, and never have. My 3 son's are going for a weekend together, and for some reason they are worried about the two element's. My eldist son Tom, has not caught a thing in his last 6 trip's, he seem's to be caught up on the fact that everything has to be right to catch.

I have said to him, before you bothered with this you were catching with no problem's, his fish list is good, carp to 38lb, Bream 13lb 6ozs, Barbel 13lb 9ozs, Perch 3lb 9 ozs, Grayling 2lb 5ozs, tench 9lb 2ozs, Roach 1lb 14ozs, Rudd 2lb 6ozs, Chub 7lb 1oz, Pike 24lb and dace 15ozs.

Ialso toldhim that there is one rule for all Angler's, If you not out fishing you won't catch fish. So are we taking thing's a bit to far? what has happened to going fishing and out witting them, no matter what the weather, temperature etc etc.

Do you think there is a perfect,water temperature and Air pressure, or are you like me, and you fish no matter what.

Blog Entries

Im oblivious to it Ray i go saturdays and thats my lot come what may,matchfishing tought me to make the most of it no matter what.
    Fancy a pint?

I'm with you on this Ray. Though I do believe that air pressure and temp do play a part in fish activity, more so the temp.

Ifpeople get too technical then they will hardley ever get out. There is no certainty in fishing.

My son Tom is a very good Angler, he put's in the prep work and the time when he can.

I dont want him to waste to much time on this, as my other son's might start to go down the same road, and never get out as Wobbly has said. With any luck a couple more blank's and he might see the light.

Baz (Angel of the North) Guest

I've not bothered too much about temteratures and certainly not air pressure.

However, I have been thinking lately about getting a pocket barometer, one with a digital read out and not pictures of clouds , sun, and rain. Just because I like shiny fiddly things, although with these there is nothing to fiddle with. By the way, they recomend somewhere around 1000 mb is good. Also, a slowly dropping air pressure would be better than a fast rising one.

Your son has a brilliant record there Ray, don't let anything spoil it for him.

Thank's Baz,

I like to think I have taught the boy's as best I could, what they have caught has been down to them, I don't do anything for them on the bankside, the odd tip thats it, the other two boy's have good fish list's also.

Anyway with the 3 of them being 16, 18 and 20 years old, they have a good idea of what to do, but are alway's ready to listern, plus if i went on they would kick the Sh*t out of me, just joking.

My son begged me to let him go night fishing. I always tryed to put him off, but it never stopped him from pestering me. So to teach him a lesson, I chose the filthiest night to take him. It was bouncing down and blowing a hoolie.

He had a brilliant catch that night, better than I had done all year. I couldn't win an ar$e kicking contest against a one legged man if I tried.

hahaha, and I bet he love's the night fishing to boot.

[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

That's the problem lads. If you tell your kids that something doesn't work and it's no good, they then make it there lifes ambition to prove you wrong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast