Want to keep warm this winter...?

NIGE K

Reaction score
i have just finished reading "out of the blue" a good read on a cold winters day allthough it finished quite abruptly i thought i had lost a page. but i also enjoy your articles kevin its a shame they wont publish your book.

Blunderer

Reaction score
I submitted something and they said they would like to consider it. They used some of it in Waterlog andI never heard another thing.

F

Fred Bonney

As a subscriber to Waterlog, I offered my services as a moderator on the Waterlog website.

Never heard a thing!/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
I did write a carefully worded two-page reply to Rosie Ward-Allen at M*dl*r asking if she would care to elaborate on her assertion that apparently FM members are not the sort of people that buy M*dl*r books.

However, it sat in the postbox for two days due to the inclement weather we have had here, so in the end I took it out and tore it up.

Keith M

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Kevin Perkins wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I did write a carefully worded two-page reply to Rosie Ward-Allen at M*dl*r asking if she would care to elaborate on her assertion that apparently FM members are not the sort of people that buy M*dl*r books.

However, it sat in the postbox for two days due to the inclement weather we have had here, so in the end I took it out and tore it up. </blockquote>

Not the sort of people that buy M*dl*r books???? How short sighted she is. Shes talking through her rear end /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Kevin Perkins wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Mark

If I wanted someones opinion,I'd ask for it. If Medlar/Waterlog have hada problem with forums then they should get over it and move on. Not spitting feathers, I just hate being patronised, and as for burning bridges, pass the petrol and matches....!</blockquote>

From the Waterlog web site

"A funny thing happened on the way to the forum . . .

My dear Waterloggers, the new style forum has been running for a while, and though most of the posts are reasonably intelligent, informative and witty, there are too many that fall woefully short of something worthy of putting up on the Waterlog site. Some are plain rude, others just in bad taste. I think we all need to take, what they call in basketball parlance a 'time out'. I do notice some of you are asking for some form of moderator system to be put in place, and I reluctantly feel it may be the only way we can protect the good name of Waterlog.
This service is, after all, designed for Waterlog readers to communicate, and so we are looking at ways of ensuring that this can happen, whilst keeping a vibrant forum. If we can get around half a dozen moderators set up, then implement more stringent guidelines as to who contributes to the forums (say using Waterlog subscriber numbers and real names and addresses) then there might be a way to carry on. If you feel you can help us in any way, with suggestions or offers of moderator services, please contact me at forums@waterlogmagazine.com

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Jon Ward-Allen
"

I cancelled my subscription to Waterlog 12 months ago.

In fairness the odd article was OK/good (a few from a member of my club for instance, do not wish to embarrass Peter Mc) but the majority of the writers can only be described as being fantasist's rather than fiction writers.

As for replying to e-mails, I very much doubt Jon W-A knows how to, Fred.

Would a City & Guilds (Parts I, II & III mind) qualificationbe acceptable to Medlar? AND you (one for Medlar) had to have GCE's maths and chemisrty to get on the course when I (one) first started!