Neoprene wellies

preston96

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a pair of them.....anyone use them? what make and how warm are they for static fishing?

T

Tony Rocca

Mine are half rubber and half neo, warm as toast.

Used to wear Derri boots years ago that had a neo lining, they were warm too.

preston96

Reaction score
Peter,

It's a minefield out there as far as neoprene wellies are concerned....i have a good pair of German gortex lined walking boots but even tho they have vibram soles the Severn mud sticks to them and trebles the weight.

Good neo wellies ain't cheap.......i want something thats warm, easy to walk in and can be dunked to wash off.....and waterproof for that bit of paddling when landing a fish.

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Dave Bassett ACA wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I've a pair of these Paul, not cheap but don't get cold feet anymore

http://www.wellie-web.co.uk/wa/1/40/1131-Aigle-Wellington-Boots-Parcours-ISO.html</blockquote>

Cheers Dave, started lookingat £40 for a pair early tonight...worked my way up to the Muck boot Tay sport at £80+

But those you sent do look good.....but £100+ hmmmmm/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Quiver man

Reaction score
Muck boots - well certain types are very warm - -20C I believe. Heres a very detailed review(Link wont work so type in "muck boots" in google and go to the 7th listing on the second page - song of the paddle /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif)but I've seen good reports everywhere I've looked regardless of the activity, so much so I'm thinking of purchasing a pair.

If you are thinking about getting your feet wet (ie going into a river of lake - not ACTUALLY getting your feet wet) would you just let the over trousers get wet or would you try and cram them into the boots with your regular trousers ?

preston96

Reaction score
Tay sport...insulates down to -47c BUT! what does that mean?....insulates?

My overtrousers, are Gortex.....yes, i would let them get wet, but the water would find its level to the waterproof height of the boot anyway...eg rise inside the overtrousers.

Quiver man

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking, but sometimes over trousers can take an age to dry out.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
One thing I found with my Mucks was that because the neoprene stretches I can tuck my overtrousers inside the boot easily.When I'm fully togged up I've got a baselayer of a pair of heavyweight thermal pants,a pair of fleece lined combats over them and then a Drennan bib and brace over that...plus two pair of socks.

The whole lot goes inside the boots easily...no forcing,no tightness round the top and best of all no mucky one piece afterwards which,as you say,are buggers to clean.My mate has a pair which he bought primarily because he has massive calves and no other boot would fit.He found the same and swears by them.

These boots are the absolute nuts....I love them.Since buying them my feet have been warm...and I mean proper warm not just "not freezing" and I've been out all day in temps down to -5.

Skippy.

Morespiders

Reaction score
I have a pair of Eiger neoprene wellies good grip ,warm had them about 2 years dont wear them often, but they are good , cost about £20 then have seen them advertised since recently, about the same price now

Colin Brett

Reaction score
£80+ for a pair of Tay Muck Boots sounds a bit over the top!

Paid £60 inc a nice pair of socks at the local Farmers suppliers shop.

Quiver man

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>S.Kippy wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

One thing I found with my Mucks was that because the neoprene stretches I can tuck my overtrousers inside the boot easily.When I'm fully togged up I've got a baselayer of a pair of heavyweight thermal pants,a pair of fleece lined combats over them and then a Drennan bib and brace over that...plus two pair of socks.</blockquote>
You get all that inside a pair of wellies and still walk OK ? Unless you have pencil thin legs - I'm buying muck boots ! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

S-Kippy

Reaction score
http://www.countryandgardendirect.com/

Were the cheapest I found but when I enquired about sizing they didn't give the impression that they gave a damn whether I bought my boots from them so I took my business elsewhere.I ended up paying more but the firm I eventually dealt with were incredibly helpful so they got the gig.

With things the way they are at present I think a few people would be well advised to try a bit harder.

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Got myself a pair of the Korum half and half. Very comfy, easy to walk in but not particularly warm. They do pick up the mud easily as well. Jury's still out on these.

While we're on the subject can anyone recommend a good pair of field boots for when it gets warm again.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Quiver man wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>S.Kippy wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

One thing I found with my Mucks was that because the neoprene stretches I can tuck my overtrousers inside the boot easily.When I'm fully togged up I've got a baselayer of a pair of heavyweight thermal pants,a pair of fleece lined combats over them and then a Drennan bib and brace over that...plus two pair of socks.</blockquote>
You get all that inside a pair of wellies and still walk OK ? Unless you have pencil thin legs - I'm buying muck boots ! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif I do...and with no problem.My legs are not huge but I'm 6-2 and 14 stone so no Peter Crouch.I can't walk far but that's the amount of gear I carry...not the boots.

Honestly...they are fantastic.