Worst piece of kit you have bought in recent years?

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
Greyfox, you DO NOT bad mouth greys or solar/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.......i have solar stainless and i can assure you it is worth the money as it is quality and indestructable. greys are up there for rods, my rods have single legs and none have broken andi dont use rod bags or anything and also they get battered on the bank but are fine.

The elephant thing made me laugh though haha/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Ron Thompson "Superior" (??????) 12ft float rod which I bought for my next door neighbour's son's fledgling angling career. Heavy, unwieldy and likely to be able to land a walrus on the 50lb braid it would take to bend the top section.

After a couple of months of using it he had biceps like Arnold Swarzenegger, joined the SAS andI heard he'dcaptured Bagshot (or was that Baghdad) single handed. (Actually he joined the Royal Artillery but that had nothing to do with the rod).

It was a wasted £20 that could have put him off angling - luckily it didn't. Who said you get what you pay for? Lesson learned.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Daiwa Regal baitrunner,absolout tat is all I can say and you really would expect more from such a company IT IS C**P DAIWA C**P. i found the aftersales team appalling .
What a snooty reply I got unbeleivable .
DAIWA TAT DAIWA TAT DAIWA ARE RUBBISH AND SELL CHEAP TATTY REELS .
Feeling quite refreshed thanks Blunds .

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Gav, i may be wrong but i'm sensing you don't rate daiwa very much? /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif I'd recommend shimano reels and sending another complaints letter to them or continue slagging them off on here /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

njb51

Reaction score
Four Seasons of Carp Fishing on DVD. What absolute trash! Looks as if it was filmed on a mobile phone with lots of footage of f*c* all!

My favourite bit was on the Winter DVD, where the fat bloke condones the use of PETROL to keep warm!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Much calmer now Macca ,I feel like a new person at the moment until I go to my tackle cupboard and find DAIWA TATTY REELS FREESPOOL MY MUFFERS DAIWA TAT/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Sounds good we could all meet up with sledgehammers, maybe monthly and just smash upall the tat that we happened to have bought that month.Maybe a bit of swearing and screaming like a mad man could also be incorporated into the night.

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
would it have to be just sledgehammers or is it a bit of a weapon of choice affair? probably best we set out the rules at the start, i like the swearing a screaming idea too, i'm seeing something a bit like the scene in 40yr old virgin where he's being waxed, short but expressive bursts of swearing and anger release!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Axes ,grinders ,hammers ,baseball bats and steam rollers should all be deemed acceptable and should not be frowned upon by the rest of the 'community stroke patients'.All pussy footing around thinking the item may be useful at some stage will mean instant lifetime ban and punishment of 100 lashes with cheap whip pole .

Nathan

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Gav Barbus wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>All pussy footing around thinking the item may be useful at some stage will mean instant lifetime ban and punishment of 100 lashes with cheap whip pole .</blockquote>

....Which will probably smash into a thousand pieces after the first lashing!!

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Probably a Silstar kevlar rod advertised as a 'chub/barbel' rod. It wasjust horrible.

Oh and the Fox Soft Steel line. Cant comment on any but the 10lb BS linebut I ended up using it in my lads guitar re-verb unit /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif(the originals used a loose coil spring)

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
QED huntsman pike net, the pole bent under its own weight when extended, then took about 2 hours to bend it back to straight so it would collapse back down again. On landing the 2nd pike in it, the pole snapped off at the top where it joins the net, admittedly you arent really meant to use the pole to lift pike out but i had one hand on the net and one hand on the pole-net joint putting very little pressure on the joint! In the net's defence though it was a PB pike at 23lbs!

Shakespear 'oracle' cheapo closed faced real, my dad bought me one as a present for light touch legering for chub etc on small streams. The bail arm refuses to close along half its rotation, just so happens that the half it wont close on is exactly where i need it to close to hold the line for touch legering! Other models are the same as well and overall this was extremely badly designed.

I have yet to buy any landing net i would classify as great, I even had to take several apart for components to build one that suited my barbel fishing!

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Gav,

sorry mate, I've got four Daiwas and I love 'em. Not too impressed with the Stratos though. It's that stiff I think they lubed' it with readymix.

Ron Thompson digitals, pressie from a non angler. Weighed OK but a bit vulnerable to moisture, even a heavy dew buggered them up

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Shakespeare neoprene gloves.....paid £9 for them,used them once,din`t keep my hands warm whatsoever,left them in my tackle cuboard and forgot about them,sold them a year later for £19 on ebay---there`s one born every min !!!

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I can thoroughly recomend the bait I used in my last post. I got a bite straight away.

Paul C

Reaction score
Worse buy - A pair of Shakespeare gloves i got off Ebay for £19. Total rubbish.

/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif