Worst piece of kit you have bought in recent years?

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I understand mate,

But the statement "reducing resistance which improves sensitivity." Is inaccurate and is often misunderstood. I gave free-lining just as an example.

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mark Hewitt wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I understand mate,

But the statement "reducing resistance which improves sensitivity." Is inaccurate and is often misunderstood. I gave free-lining just as an example. </blockquote>

By pointing the rod directly at the lead resistance is reduced...FACT.

By reducing resistance in a running leger set up sensitivity is improved. My definition of sensitivity within the context of fishing is similar to yours; the degree of indication that a fish has picked up a bait. Pike & Zander fishermen in particular utilise low resistance run rings and light bobbins to minimise resistance; this improves the indication that a fish has picked up the bait (sensitivity).

Lets not get pedantic about this Mark; we're boring the a*se of the others contributing to this thread/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Day Breamer

Reaction score
I 100% agree Tony, i do use banksticks and am not a big fan of rod pods very much, which is why i tried to buy a cheap one for times when banksticks couldnt be used easily(off concrete platforms for example).

Ijust wanted a cheap rod pod for the occasional use, its banksticks at every single oppurtunity otherwise.

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Nepprene boot liners; don't work my feet were still freezing.

Have resorted to plastic bags within trainers before now to save having to dig out my boots and thick socks (you don't half look a tw*t though!)

GreyFox

Reaction score
More:

Chub Bivvy light - sound activated. Feather breezes, coughing crickets and lakeside ripples will set it off.

Solar tackle is STILL outrageously expensive - a fiver for a bobbin head, or a bit of chain -ought to be soddin hallmarked!!

----and, what about the utter crap Solar ATX system?

Buzzabug butt rests - the little rubber balls atop a stainless 'y' shaped arm - utter crap, hard to adjust and grip the butt section - you'd be better off with a willow stick.

Greys rods - cut into 4 inch sections and send back for a replacement section (plus 20 quid for processing!!) - they must have skips full! One legged eyes are cheapskate!

Don't get me started on Nash or Daiwa............

/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

M

MCMILLIGAN

Daiwa tdr load of C*** bail arm spring snapped on second outting a bad design by daiwa

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Carp Porter Mk4S I managed to bend the handle first time out. Had it fixed and bent them again second time out however I also managed to put a hole in the barrow bag.

I was told I had not done the straps up tight enough. I mentioned you could noot have possibly done them up any tighter and them went onto ta ask about thenon exitant instruction manual that explained how to put the bag on ?. Oh did you say there isnt one Dohhh.

So I have not had to have my handle completely redisned and manufactured by an engineering company and a rubbing pad on the front of the barrow bag all becuase someone could not design a barrow properly.

Rant Over