Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Following on from the interesting thread below where it emerges that the fishing publications will not print bad reviews, maybe we could have a few on here?

Here's one straightaway: My wife ordered me Catching the Impossible fromCalm Productions on January 6th this year and it has still not arrived. Obviously I cannot comment on the product, but that delivery time is terrible.

Ron Thompson 1.75 barbel rod. I smashed it the first cast i used it, casting a 4oz lead about 25 yards.

I got it replaced and smashed the second one in exactly the same way.

A very poor rod.

I bought a JRC 5 Season sleeping bag about 5 years ago where the zip continually got caught. Eventually it stuck for good and now the sleeping bag is useless.

Anyone else prepared to put the boot into a product?

Ohh this looks like a fun bandwagon to hop onto to of course i'm prepared to name and shame....TFG "power feeder" shoddy build quality from tip to butt!, **** reel seat which i cud actually swivel around the butt section by hand, thus meaning it was out of line with the rings, but don't worry they too cud be moved by hand! Section section had one ring out of line which ironically wudnt move, neither wud the others on that section. Got a replacement section this was when i discovered the moving ring formation that was on the other sections and the swivelling reel seat, by now I had given up even thinking it would be possible to fish with, put it out of sight and mind and stuck with float fishing with my preston sentient rod, yes i am aware of the gulf in price but I had one of those luminous shakespeare rods when i was younger, the fabulous green version supplied with reel and rope, i mean line lol and that is in fact still intact, all rings in line and a better reel seat to this day and that was about £7.99!!! needless to say I aint buying another TFG rod no matter what! ahhh i feel much better after that [img]/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]

my brothers ron t rod the tip come off casting a 1oz weight [img]/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif[/img].

Aircell Glass fly line. £25 instead of £50. As straight as a ball pont pen spring. Memory retension, it would never suffer from demetia.

STOP, STOP, STOP!

We have the FM Review section for this sort of stuff, where everyone can find honest reviews from users like yourself.

Fish Magic Product Reviews
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Matt are you trying to knock us off our bandwagon?

Worst thing I ever bought was at a Tackle Show down the A! from Sheffield. A real bargain at &pound;10, reduced from &pound;50! I should have known!

It was said to be Carbon Fibre, it was Glass Composite! It was supposed to be a 1 1/2 TC Carp Rod, I never got chance to see... first cast with a 2oz weight and it shattered and I mean it shattered! a bout 30-40 pieces!

My adage now is &quot;you get what you pay for!&quot;

good job you didn't pay 50 for it Donald. sell it on tell em its a 40 piece rod (only jokeing )[img]/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif[/img].

Donald you should have saved yourself a couple of quid and bought one of the luminous shakespeares[img]/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img] I remember landing a 2/3lb pike on mine, caught on double maggot on a size 16, drennan drift beater float....

middy match black landing net 5lb chub broke it .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast