The New FishingMagic

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
How about encouraging more folk to pitch in with articles,wether it be tackle reviews,relating experiences or a days fishing or even fishery reveiws with pictures and perhaps a star rating for service,fascilities etc.... ????

More competitions ??? perhaps Deanos could do a monthly spot the pie competion ??? Is there anyway the site could do more to encourage youngsters to participate ???

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Change nothing regarding the site navigation, the improvements to the search facility and links to articles is top notch.

The things that have been mentioned already are all I can think of:

Article viewed counter.

Online now indicator.

Being able to create a product to review if it's not already listed.

Maybe people would have to register properlyto reach certain parts of the site, for example you would have to register your date of birth to show you're over 18 in order to access 'bait-box'?

Day Breamer

Reaction score
I too have also tried to review an item but was not able to as it didnt already exist in the database and i didnt know how to create it, so i left it alone.

slime monster

Reaction score
I like Freds suggestion on profiles it would help deter one hit wonders who sometimes just make an abusive remark , larger size photo uploading is a good idea,as a whole iam more than happy with the layout as it is .

S

Sean Meeghan

Can't argue with what's been said above. A Deanos 'on-tour' series of chippies and pie shops in the North might be good.

One thing I'd like to see is the encouragement of more writing talent. I know paying for articles isn't an option (I pay Graham £100 per article to get mine published), but how about a monthly prize? You could have various categories over the year so that it doesn't get too boring:

Fiction, How to, Photo, Descriptive, New Writer, Humour (Bob Roberts not allowed to enter this)

Surely one of the publishersor larger manufactureres could put up a prize?

preston96

Reaction score
Personally i think the current format is pretty good..................the biggest challenge to the new owners is, in my opinion, who to choose as the new front man.

It will make or break the "new" FM.

Paul H

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Sean Meeghan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Fiction, How to, Photo, Descriptive, New Writer, Humour (Bob Roberts not allowed to enter this)</blockquote>
That's a new keyboard you owe me Sean. Orange juice everywhere.

W

Wolfman Woody

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sadly one or two things don't work quite as well as they should and could do with soem attention to put them right. Otherwise -Day Breamer wrote (see)<blockquote class=quote>

If i could have just 2 wishes to add to the site they would be...

1. Small streaming video clips containing tips on various things from yourself and the many other great anglers here.

2. More tackle comparisons, like FM's opinion ontop 5 bite alarms to consider...that sort of thing... i read one such comparison regarding Barbel rods and it was a class read, really explained each rods good and bad points with pictures, i think we need more comparison articles like that.</blockquote>

What have I been saying? Who's got a video camera? I know who!

Comparitive tests are great, it's getting the manufacturers to agree to them that's the hard part.

preston96

Reaction score
But we, IF we are to give real comaparative tests shouldn't give a damn what the manufacturers think!!

redalert06

Reaction score
you don't need to worry about hosting videos just add a youtube tag [youtube[ [/youtube] to embed the videos in threads

better forum features in general, quote posts, etc

Paul H

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>glint wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>you don't need to worry about hosting videos just add a youtube tag [youtube[ [/youtube] to embed the videos in threads better forum features in general, quote posts, etc</blockquote>
Like this?

preston96

Reaction score
Oh....right!/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Tch.....i wish i were more I.T. minded!

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Paul Williams 11 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

But we, IF we are to give real comaparative tests shouldn't give a damn what the manufacturers think!!</blockquote>

I was thinking more in terms of them providing the stuff knowing full well that it would be compared to other manufacturer's products and them not liking the idea of NOT being the recommended brand.

Unless McWallet is going <u>to buy all the gear himself.</u>

Of don't make me laugh, my lips are chapped, don't make me laugh....... /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I like the layout, more articals and now FM is safe, will do an artical I was asked to do by a few membersa while back.

Would also like to see the profile filled out in full, over 18s for bait box is a bit much, you can get married at 16, so maybe 16 year olds and over for the bait box.

As they say, if its not broken, don't fix it

W

Wolfman Woody

Hell's bells, you can be a father at 13 now and be almost praised for it.