The New FishingMagic

C

Cakey

Im not looking for a row but it amazes me that members with up to a couple of hundred posts want to alter the site

it works superbhow it is .............................

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
We all know that Cakey but Richard the new owner will be keen to make some changes at least. You know what its like when you start a new job or project. I suppose a few small tweaks here and there would make our site even more betterer.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Im not looking for a row but it amazes me that members with up to a couple of hundred posts want to alter the site

it works superbhow it is .............................</blockquote>

Yup, gotta agree with you there Cakey. Additions maybe, but it doesn't need changing other than the odd improvement/updating of an already existing feature.

Mike Gray

Reaction score
As the new Sales & Marketing guy at FM and F&F looking foradvertisers,sponsors and prize 'givers', thanks for your comments and suggestions.They will be invaluable informulating marketing plans to attract new and existing advertisers to support the site and maintain the high quality of content, comment and enjoyment.

Thanks and keep them coming!

Specihunter

Reaction score
as long as we don't go down the go fishing website and go overboard we should be fine .

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Just for Cakey, I think the site should have more red heads with big t*ts!</blockquote>Not just for Cakey. And for me young Corkster, and for me..... /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

E

EC

<blockquote class=quoteheader>slime monster wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Monthly notifications giving merit to..

Best article

best thread

best post

and a special muppet of the month award/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Good idea Slimey, maybe even open it out to some sort of member vote.

Windy

Reaction score
[Edit / delete]D'yknow I think I'm going to take my own advice and shut up.

I think I'm in danger of turning into a grumpy old man. Is it something that always happens after your fiftieth birthday ?

Mike Gray

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Fred, much appreciated.

Ihave not done any serious coarse fishing for maybe eight years,but still have all myold tackle -how things have changed!

Have been enjoying some Fly Fishing over last four years but only a novice and am really looking forward to getting back into hooking some Carp.

I clearly have a lot to learn and catch up on so will be keeping an eye out for tips and advice from you 'learned' forum members.

F

Fred Bonney

Not changed a lot Mike, although as a marketing man you know you have to keep changing the "package" to continue selling!

Anyway good luck with you fishing,there is always somebody to help out, and maybe even take you out....but, watch out for Deanos!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Windy wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>D'yknow

[Edit / delete] I think I'm going to take my own advice and shut up.

I think I'm in danger of turning into a grumpy old man. Is it something that always happens after your fiftieth birthday ?</blockquote>

No Windy, you have always been like it, but when you got to fifty, the penny dropped/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Good idea Slime,

Windy

Reaction score
The difference between us Ray is that I have the self awareness and humility to realise when I have gone too far and then put it right and, if necessary, apologise. The original post did not require an apology, but was inappropriately over the top and tendentious, so I deleted it with the modestly humourous quip you have quoted.

Your immediate decision to try and kick the man when down is (a) sadly characteristic of you and (b) less likely to lead people to follow my lead and practice occasional sensible self-moderation.... but you just carry on in your own cheery way, oblivious to the offence you give.

chub angler

Reaction score
how can i get you to lock one of my own threads because it is turning in to a rant.