The New FishingMagic

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
I think all members should register and HAVE to fillin somebasic's, name and area.

There is far to much hidding on this site and some, not many, but some use it to attack others.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I agree with Bully.

Ban any mention of the Barbel Society on FM!

When was the last time Judas Priest, Damian Kimmings et al and the rest of them actually made an interesting post about angling on FM???

NEVER!!!

Have your barbel wars somewhere else! I for one am getting sick of it. They/you use FM to have their/your pathetic arguments and give nothing back to FM!

Pi$$ off and stalk Fred Bonney and Steve Pope on another web site, as far as I'm concerned you are not welcome on FM. You hide behind your stupid nicknames because you aint got the balls to put your real names up for all to see!

Baz got a lifetime ban for lesser insults than you $hi$ter$ have aimed at Fred!

Rant over!

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Take it you still haven't caught that two then Steve /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif Frustriating innit?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nope! And Yes /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

I just get sick of seeing the same old names coming up with nothing better to do than stalk Fred in cyber space and they give nothing to FM.

Ban em!!!

For life!!!

F

Fred Bonney

What Steve said.........mostly./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

BecauseI like to tell you all what's going on in your area, we've got some fish-ins coming in the new season.

Did you spell that right Jimmy?

Keyboard what?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fred; This thread is not in bait box, so really I can,t say what I feel.

Yes Fred: I have spelt it right, the Scots way (warriors) /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I see on FishandFly.comthey have the facility for Podcasts. Interviews with "the great and not so good" luminairies of that particular branch of the sport. I would find that type of information/entertainment very interesting. Although organising and setting up such things obviously takes a lot of effort.

Just imagine:<ul>[*]30 minutes of Ron discussing headgear[*]53 episodes of Steve's "quest for a decent roach"[*]Listen to the FM 2009 Pantomime (rather than read it)[*]Plus lots of other more informative interviews[/list]

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Just imagine: <ul>[*]30 minutes of Ron discussing headgear"[/list]

Can we please have a taxi for Mr. Maidment

(Go on, encourage him, why don't you!)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
"Fishing in SA", now theres something new for us to wonder about.

"Steves 2lb roach quest" The never ending saga of a keen angler brought to you in a weeklyserial form.....woohoo.

"Barbel Wars" A history of the barbel police and how they combat anglers who enjoy their fishing.

Hahahaha!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
On a more serious note, I'd like the numerous threads that really belongin the Gallery thread moved or excluded from the General Forum which is really for debates not 'Well done, mate' chats. Don' know if there's atechnical method for this? Similarly, a section for Ian Clokes' links, which again clog up this forum but deserve an appropriate home.

As for Steve's roach quest- I don't understand why it's taking so long. Hishome river (Bristol Avon) produces up to a 100 2lbers per season to one angler alone which must mean it's producing thousands to other anglers, surely. Almost a struggle to wade through the '2's to get to the '3's! Or am I missing something?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Naughty Mr Wintle! I spent longer than Steve in my quest for a 2 pounder, mind you I pulled out of a lot?? so I shall keep shtum lol. The upside of his quest and posts on here is that it prompts a lot of information and interesting chat sofor that alone it is worth it.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hmmm? Wrong side of thebed?

Looks like Mark has still got the hump about me doing him off the next peg at Clattercote! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

You know you are welcome to come and show me how to do it any time you like on the Bristol Avon Mark...........

There's thousands of em just waiting to be caught, I'm obviously not good enough though!

Why the "Edit"? Not like you Mark?

A

alan whittington

i think the site is excellent and does not need changing,the reason its so good is ease of navigation,which brings with it a large number of individuals of varied opinions and equals good debate

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Steve,

It was very much tongue in cheek! The actual odds of a Bristol Avon '2' are about the same as on the Dorset Stour. Thousands of roach all right but pounders hard enough and likely a very long wait for a '2', and a '3' probably an impossible dream. Read it more carefully regarding a 100 '2's a season and you'll get the drift. The edit was to correct my spelling of 'serious'.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Now you lads who don't like the smilies might just see that the occasional use of one does indeed help to convey the correct meaning to a message and Mark's post would have come across as clearlytongue in cheek.
tongue_out_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hahaha

I knew Marks post was tongue in cheek that's why I gave him a /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

We'll have to have a "special" fish-in next autumn Mark, I'll show you where the "Doc" caught a '3' two weeks ago /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

I love smilies............

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif just for Steve!

P

Phillips Jerry

I'm new to F M site but two things i would change are you should have your real name on your profile if you post then you shouldn't be able to hide behind a nickname.The second thing is the profile I don,t use hardly any of the tackle listed so it would be nice to say what i use other than that it''s been very informative

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>MULLET MAN wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I'm new to F M site but two things i would change are you should have your real name on your profile if you post then you shouldn't be able to hide behind a nickname.</blockquote>

Bloody hell..... so Mullet Man is your real name /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif ? What on earth were your parents thinking of.....

Or are you another one of Frank Zappa's children ?