Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Best wayI suppose....he was out of a job come next election anyway

I hope he enjoys less success as an angler than he did as a labour mp charged with the destuction of both an economy and a country.

Nice fat pension no doubt...Paid for by the taxpayer

Unlike my own....very thin and skinny...paid for by me.

enjoy the retirement...
    PaSC

oink oink oink
    PaSC

Fair play to the lad is what I say.

In a world of commercial nescesity he has managed to hold down a job that will pay far more than I ever earn, and still have enough time to catch manymore specimin fish than me. And surely he has done a little bit to promote angling, which is far more than most MPs do or will do.

Jealous, yes I am.

Blog Entries

Martin Salter was one of only 4 sitting Labour MP's to actually increase his majority at the last election - I would have thought that he was a 'shoe-in' at the next election.

Martin has worked tirelessly on behalf of the nation's anglers and deserves our thanks and praise.

That said, I am sure that there would be a 'seat' for him in the Angling Trust - if he wants it, that is.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Yep,I suppose there will be a seat for him...

With a smallretainer and perks?

I expect he will end up with more seats than a table and chair wholesalers...
    PaSC

Hahahaha! Mate of yours is he Lee?

I have a low opinion of MP's I'm afraid, and make no mistake any MP will turn his back on those that trust them and not lose a wink of sleep over it. Party before common sense, party before the wishes of their constituents, easy bought and glib liars, apart from that they aren't too bad.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

mark norris (ACA) Guest

Come on Graham, stop sitting on the fence. Tell us what you really think of politicians

8. Default

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Lee Swords wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I hope he enjoys less success as an angler than he did as a labour mp </blockquote>

I wouldn't wish that on anyone Lee( not even you) [img]/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]................i hope he has a very succseful angling life in his retirment.

Dito Graham,

MPs all the same, say one thing, do another

10. Default

Never happens in the angling world eh Ray [img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast