What is a specimen fish?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

No Cakeyit's just a horrible thing that is past it's "sell by date".

Seriously, when I was a lot younger, the weight of the fish was everyting. I even had a fishing mate who's philosphy to angling was:

"You can have your sport with the medium sized fish, then it doesn't matter so much if you lose them. But whenI hook that monster, I want to to die on the hook, and to rise andpresent itself to the landing net without a flap".

Now I am a lot older, my attutude to specimen fish has changed totally.

And to think I was responsible for founding a specimen group and partly resposible for the NASG.

Muffin

Reaction score
I asked this question a little while back and had some useful repsonses, have a look here:

specimin fish

I guess for me if I beat my PB thats a specimin to me, whatever that PB may be! Hopefully I will catch a specimin grayling this weekend.........

Stephan

Reaction score
A real specimen is a gudgeon with ideas it`s a baby barbel/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

chub angler

Reaction score
we get them on our river at first you think its a missed bite. does any one go by the mission weights in I.Y.C.F

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
Every fish is a specimen!! Even the 1oz Gudgeon are part of a species.

Every fish is a fine specimen in it's own way. For it's weight, length, looks. I catch a lot of ugly specimens.lol.

chub angler

Reaction score
just my opinion but I think the day your not happy with what your catching is the day to give up.

Deanos

Reaction score
Good thread Bren, also once again, well done on that mighty chub which wasseduced by your cheese paste, WHICH you claim stinks worse that my socks!......there are some who would beg to differ I can tell you mate.