Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was having A chat with my mate deanos the other might . when are chat came to talk about fish sizes . We where on about wot does make a fish a speciemen is it half the uk record fish ? Is there some sort of unwritten rule ? about wot makes a fish a speciemen ?

EC Guest

It depends on the county in my opinion, I'd be interested to see regional record lists for coarse fishlike what is used in sea angling.

Im not sure Brendan but I think it should depend where you catch it from by that i mean a pound roach from one river might be big but its small from another river [img]/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif[/img].

Specimen fish weights have increased in recent years, certainly the last 15-20 years.

When i was younger a 5lb Tench would be considered a specimen to most people, now the figure is closer to8lb+ Tenchbeing a specimen (likethis one---->

I think most fish do still have those magical numbers attached to them tho, whether it be a 2lb Roach or a 10lb Barbel, even perhaps a 20lb Carp.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

It's all relative to the water you are fishing

A 14oz roach from a water where the largest roach is 1lb is a specimen

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) Guest

As Ed says, specimen fish can vary in size based on what your water is capable of producing.

But one thing I think we should insist on is that a "specimen" fish should be in perfect condition, and not look like a "raddled old tart".*

Consider this: Is an obese ugly old slapper a perfect specimen of humanity?

*Walkerism

Nobby C (ACA) Guest

I'm a raddled tart Ron, i strongly suspect you might fulfil the full criteria. Are you in Oz now?

As for the question, a specimen is about 50% of the record weight (D.C Tennents " Weights & Records for coarse anglers" , published by Trowll Walkers of Pengryn, Anglsea.)

Cakey Guest

whatever I catch is a specimen in my eyes..........................................

get your eyes checked Cakey[img]/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif[/img]

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Consider this: Is an obese ugly old slapper a perfect specimen of humanity?</blockquote>
    er...Mr Derek Deanos would say, &quot;YES, YES, YES&quot;. Especially if she was also the finest Donkey Pie Cook in the North of England.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast